Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Back to work same day?

Hi,

I've started my cycle for FET which is going to be a completely natural cycle where I just have to test for ovulation then go in the next day for FET.

I'm so excited but worried about what to tell work. I'm not going to be able to give them much notice as I'll have to go in the day after ovulation. I've only recently started a new job so don't want to tell them the truth but it's really stressing me out and I'm considering whether it would be an option to go into work the same day straight after FET.

Any ideas?

D x

Replies

• Hi Donna

I did IVF 4 times and each time, it was different work wise. First time I worked as normal but had the day off on ET day. Second time I worked on the day of ET. Third time I took 3 weeks off and took it easy and 4th time I worked from home. 4th time it worked. think it all depends on how you are feeling and what kind of job you have. I personally don't think it will make much difference - if its going to happen, it will happen!

good luck.

Nx
  • Hi mine wasn't a FET it a IVF ET with drugs etc and I took a full 2 weeks off work and rested and I got BFP, I lied simlar to Mrs A I told them I was having a cyst drained on my ovary which I had had done previously x
  • Dear Donna,

In my opinion you don't want to have thoughts like "what if", so on that basis take the day off and call in on the day and then take the next two days off (they say if the Embryo is going to implant, it happens in 48 hours). This way you can think you gave it your best shot.

Decide this now and that way you won't be stressed about what to do at the time. Stress is not good and therefore make sure you plan from now what you are definitely going to do.

Please keep us posted.

• I took the whole 2 weeks off work, my doc wrote something vague on a sick note so no one suspected IVF. I was very much in the camp I didn't want to look back and wonder what if I hadn't gone back to work. As KS9 says the 48 hours after are the most important so may be if it is hard to take the whole 2 weeks off you just take that time off? Good luck, xx
  • i phoned in sick and took the week off. All I did was rest and 1 year ago I got my BFP. My 20 week old twins are now fast asleep having their nap.

I agree you dont want to look back and think what if.

Good luck x
  • Haven't heard back from donna so not sure whether she has read these messages ???
  • Hi,

Thanks for all the advice.

Think I'm going to wait and see when it happens and make a judgement based on my work schedule.

If I'm busy and likely to be stressed at work, I'll phone in sick. If I think things are quiet I'll just say I have a hospital appointment and nip out for an hour or two.

It's weighing up whether I'd be more stressed going in to work or more stressed about lying.

Will keep you all posted on how I get on x