Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

third cycle of clomid and heres hoping

Hi. This my first time in this chat room - actually its my first time in any chat room. Im just after a bit of support and encouraging words from any of you out there. Im on my third cylce of clomid (100g) and have my mid cylce scan tomorrow and injection (if all well). I am 31 years old and have Pollicystic Ovaries. I have a lovely little boy called leo and he is four. Never thought I was going to have trouble having my second child as fell preganant with leo accidently. But here we are after nearly four years of trying. Fingers crossed I have some good sized follicles this month and heres hoping - as the saying goes - third time lucky! Anyone in the same boat? Would be great to here from some fellow clomid buddies.

Replies

• Hiya Foxy, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the troubles you have been having. There are quite a few ladies on clomid on here, and some who have recently had success!!! It may be worth posting on 'long-term trying to conceive' as well as there are more people over there. It's a lovely supportive forum so I'm sure you'll feel very welcome, although hoping you won't be here for long!!! x
    ps I have not taken clomid myself but am hoping to start IVF soon due to male factor infertility.
  • thanks for the reply. x
  • Hi Foxy

I have just gotten a BFP on my second cycle of 50mg clomid. I have a slight polycystic right ovary.

My advice is clomid takesa while to regulate in your system - i wa expecting to fall pg on my first cycle.

Take care of yourself and here's hoping your BFP is right around the corner.

S x
  • Hey foxy,

Currently on comid round 4, but no luck so far. 2 friends recently fell on month 3, so hopefully lucky for you too.

It seems to be working for me in that im ovualting, but no pregnancy : ( but that could be to do with other male factors.

In the nicest possible way, hope you get to move on soon. Like the others have said, try in ltttc aswell, lots of posts over there, sadly its very busy over there at the moment, lots of ladies in the same situation thou'.

Good Luck

Gem x
  • Hi,

I'm on 2nd month of clomid, i convinced myself I was PG after the 1st month as I had produced 4 eggs and my body felt different. This month I have only produced 1 egg and have all the signs of AF arriving...this really is a rollercoaster of emotions, I am finding it quite hard atm.

Has anyone had a sign effects of clomid.........so far I have had weight gain, mood swings, hot flushes and I look like I have had a boob job....LOL x x x
  • My side effects havent been too bad apart from I cant sleep! I toss and turn all night and feel totally shattered as a result.

I am on my third cycle of clomid and have just entered my last week. I have felt different this month. Had some strange pulling pains which didnt have on the first two cylces. Have no pain now. Only time will tell.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Hi foxy I am one of those lucky people that gem was talking about. I am 8 wks pg after my 3rd cycle of clomid. I ov'd stupidly late, my day 21 bloods showed I hadnt ov'd!!!! So me and dh only bd twice whilst waiting for my next AF, 2 wks later I was still waiting but thought nothing of it becasue just thought af was awol due to no ov. Went to see my consultant who made me have pg test b4 he would give me drugs to induce af and low and behold I was pg!!
    From my dates it works out I ov'd around cd 38!!!

Good luck honey X