Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Saying hello!!

Hi there ladies! Just popping my head in to say hello and ask a question!!

After spending a considerable time in LLTC i have found out that we need to have IVF to realise our dream. Our problem lies with me as suffer from LUF cycles (which means that my body does everything to prepare for ovulation except my follicles don't release my eggs) After unsuccessful rounds of clomid and hsg injections it seems that IVF is our only hope. At first I was gutted and blamed myself and kept wishing it could be different, but now i'm just trying to accept it and want to get started! My hsg was clear, i have regular 28 day cycles and my hubbies sa was fine, so i'm trying to be positive that this will work for us. Thankfully we are eligble for 2 attempts at IVF on the NHS and the apparently the waiting list is 18 weeks, so fingers crossed that will pass quickly. (Whats 18 weeks when i have already waited 4 years eh!!)

So i'm after a bit of advice really. I have my first appt with my consultant next week to discuss our options and I'm terrible at asking questions in these situations and often leave appts thinking i should have asked this, that and the other!! So I was wondering if you could advise me what i should be asking, so I can go in armed with a notepad and actually ask the questions I need to!

Any help i would be very grateful!!

Looking forward to chatting to you all as you go through this daunting and amazing process.:roll:

Love Evie xxx

Replies

• Hi,

We are about to start our first IVF on 20th June, well, ICSI. I cant remember which website it was, but I did a search for questions to ask at IVF first consultation and got loads of great tips. But dont expect to get all these answered one by one - we certainly didn't! The clinics are so experienced they guide you through without information overload. 18 weeks isn't too long, it will fly by, spend the time researching and preparing your mind and body, it will be TOUGH. We are having to go private, so will only be able to afford one go. Hopefully, for us both, once will be enough.

Good luck, if you can think of any questions fire away, I have researched quite a bit xxx
  • Hi Evie,
    Its different from place to place but my hospital sent out an information pack & held info nights where they explained everything in detail.
    I would say just go & see what they have to say. If you think of a question later then just call the number on your letter or I often emailled my questions. This is my 2nd go at treatment (1st worked but resulted in neonatal death). It is not as bad as you think & waiting times will pass quicker than you expect. x