Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

First scan today

Hello ladies

Just a little update from me. I had my first scan today and I am ready to start my stim drugs which I will start taking on Friday evening. I will be stimming with fostimon, has anyone else taken this? I don't know if all drugs are like this but fostimon is one of those drugs you have to mix up - as I will only use a bit of it each day. Does anyone know if it is ok to keep the other half of the mixture and use it the next day?? They are starting me on a low dose due to my PCO so hopefully it will actually do something!!

My EC is schedules for Friday 13th (!) August - can you believe it?!

xx

Replies

• Hi, good news that you are down regged! Never heard of fostimon so not any help there I'm afraid. Probably best to phone your clinic if you have any question you think of, put your mind at ease as they have all the right answers. Cant believe EC date!! Fri 13th is lucky for me, but you would think they would make sure they avoided any treatments on that date due to lots of people being supersticious lol.

Hope you dont have too many side effects with it, good luck xxx
  • Good luck for starting the fostsimon, I didn't use that one either so can't give much advice! Hope it all goes really well, egg collection will be here before you know it (and I am sure it will be a lucky date for you!) xxx
  • Hey hun,

I haven't used fostimon either so no advice on that, sorry! But, well done on down regging - it's all happening now that you can start stimming!!!! Look forward to hearing your updates, good luck with starting the new drug and hope you feel ok with it : )

.x.

[Modified by: trixie85 on July 31, 2010 10:39 AM]

• Good luck with it this evening. Hope you managed to get some info on keeping the drug. I'm a nurse (elderly care) and some things can be kept after making and some need to be used straight away.
    Helen.xxx