Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

About 14 follicles!!

Had my scan today and i've got about 7 follicles on each ovary, ranging from 7mm to the biggest being 22mm! They think the smaller ones should grow a little more over the weekend. Egg retrieval on Monday! Womb lining was about 10mm i think? They said all was good so am really pleased, nervous about next week at the same time though!! :\)

Replies

• Options
    Fantastic news! Best of luck for Monday.
  • Options
    Wow, that's brilliant! I had a few tiddlers who caught up. So much luck for Monday, it's not too bad really and I actually quite enjoyed the general anaesthetic!! Was quite sore after though so rec taking a hot water bottle along with you. xx
  • Options
    That's brilliant, will be thinking of you x
  • Options
    oh thats great news!
    Hope today went really well, and the little ones caught up!
    Keep us posted, hope your not in too much pain tonight!
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies! Today went well i think! I've got 7 eggs so hopefully some of those will fertilise! Its certainly a very nerve wrecking time! I am in quite a bit of pain now though, got my hot water bottle. For all that have been through this, did you get much pain? So, just wait for the phonecall tomorrow now! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Hi Tinkerbelle,

Congratulations on your 7 eggs and my furry hot water bottle was a god send!

I came round before they'd finished my egg collection (under sedation) whilst they were rummaging around and it was pretty sore! I did take paracetamol the rest of that day and the following morning then it was fine.

Fingers crossed for the call tomorrow...

PS If you can I'd definitely have 2 embryo's transferred image

Love Alison xx