Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

And the ups and downs continue! UPDATED

Hi girls

just thought I would update you.

Because I was so upset yesterday I called the acu unit and the on call nurse called me back. After a doom and gloom conversation they told me to come back today for another blood test.

I just called the results line and the nurse has told me that the my hcg level is now 128 . That's a massive jump from 24 on saturday!

After the worst 2 days ever I am stunned to say the least.

[Modified by: justttc on 12 September 2010 17:49:12 ]

Replies

• Wow - massive jump. Congratulations.
    Xx
  • Sounds like good news -will you be going back to do another test soon? x
  • Hi Debbie they have told me to to go back on Saturday morning.

So I have everything crossed x
  • Thats fantastic!!! Congratulations - no questioning now, your PREGNANT!!!!!! Oh, I so happy and relieved for you, well done for standing your ground and getting an earlier test - it would have been so unfair and unnecesary to wait a full week.

Well done xxxxx
  • Thanks lori. Think I will feel happier on Saturday when I know it's increased more.
  • Justttc,

That is fab news, hopefully the HCG will continue to rise.

All the best for Saturday.

Thinking of you.
    Sarah
    xx
  • OMG thats fantastic news!!! Everything crossed for another great rise on saturday!!
    Helen.xxx
  • Hi Girls
    Just thought I would give you an update.

After my blood test on Monday going up to 128 I went yesterday for another test. I have had a lot of cramping all week and had read its a good sign.

Well yesterday after my test we went to the races with friends and i had to ring the acu while we were there. The staff had told me it would be busy but it took me 2 hours to get through!

Anyways the test results should have been around 1000 but have gone up to 2020 which the nurse said was fantastic!

They have now booked me in for a scan to ensure everything is actually going is as should be!
  • Wow! Thats amazing, well done. And to think the clinic were being negative - hmmmm, heard THAT one somewhere before.....! How many embryo's did you get transfered? The HCG seems rather high and more than doubling, could it be twins? If not, its nothing to worry about, just a baby doing really well.

Congatulations, so pleased for you xxx
  • Justttc
    That is great news, congrats on your pregnancy! Hope the scan goes well.
    Sarah xxx
  • Thats fantastic news!!!
    Helen.xxx
  • congratulations to you....Fab news!!!! Thanks again for the advise about alcohol on holiday but unfortunately I've taken a throat infection and won't be able to drink anyway so it's all good. You take care of yourself....talk soon...

Amanda (Mandy3372)
  • Thanks Girls I cant believe how different I feel to this time last week!

Lori
    Only one embryo so no twins. Would have been thrilled though if it couldhave been !

Mandy no problems, hope you feel better soon.

xx
  • Congratulations! Hope all goes well with your scan. x
  • Excellent news - whoop whoop xx
  • Hi I've only just read this as was away on holiday last week, but huge congtratulations thats brilliant news! Keep us posted with your scan
    Rhian x
  • Hi Rhian
    My scan is on Wednesday and I have got everything crossed that all is good.

I have felt soooo tired the last week and my boobs are kiiling me, so it is starting to feel a lot more real now.
  • They are both really good signs! Don't worry if you don't feel sick yet, I didn't until I was 6 weeks on DD and then I was only a bit sick and everything was fine with her!
    Enjoy the scan it's really emotional seeing the little bean for the first time and it makes it more real!
    xx
  • Thanks Miss Polar
    I am so nervous for scan, but want to enjoy it too x