Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finally some good news....

I had my FSH re-tested on Tuesday and my results came back on Thursday and my level has gone down to 9.4, which now means my Consultant will refer me for IVF on the NHS, something we were told we couldn't do.

To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement. Last month it came back at 15.4, so it had gone up even more, but now I wondering whether the hormone injections I had been taking were really all out of my system!!! I can't tell you what a relief it is to now know we can embark on IVF without the strain of having to fund it ourselves.

As we have now found out I am a West Sussex patient (long story - but hospital made the mistake of telling us we were Surrey patients last June and we didn't qualify!!!) I will be going to The Bridge Clinic at London Bridge. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this centre??

Congratulation to all of you with your BFP's recently, here's hoping to many more!!!!!

xx

Replies

• Babyhope

This is fantastic news about your test results and funding. I'm so pleased for you. It must be a huge relief, and now you can get on and focus on the treatment. You've just taken one massive leap forward towards your BFP!

Don't know anything about that IVF clinic - sorry....

Best of luck!
  • Thanks MrsD,

It is an absolute relief!! Not that we wouldn't have paid for it, but it wouldn't have been anytime soon and we would have cleared our 'maternity savings' out.

I really do think the majority of my stresses and devastation has been alot down to this...... I don't think the NHS have any idea of what their lack of support both financially and otherwise can do!! Luckily we actually went private initally, and have spent about ??1000 on hormone injections. If it wasn't for my Consultant telling me to get re-tested, we would have just given up on the NHS.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, I'm happier and alot more positive generally about everything, as is my hubby!!!

I hope to soon be well on my way to my BFP!!!!

xx
  • Fantastic news!
    I really hope it all starts moving nice and quickly for you now. xx
  • That's really great news hon!!!!!!!!!! One (big) step closer to a BFP!
    I really don't think FSH should be used as a deciding factor in IVF given that it fluctuates so much. AMH is supposed to be more reliable and fluctuates less so why they don't use that if they have to use something???????? Blimmin NHS!

xx
  • Congratulations babyhope, do you know what their waiting lists are like? Will you have to wait long for an appointment?

Is it different for every PCT trust? I have never ever heard mention of my FSH level, just that all my tests were "OK"?
  • Congratulations! Good luck with your future treatment and not having to fund it is one less thing to think about! Don't know about the clinic sorry x