Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Blastocyst on board!

Sorry for the delay - I have been taking it really easy since having a day 5 blastocyst transferred yesterday! I was so excited and nervous and we still didn't have a straight forward decision to make as we when we got there we had one good quality blastocyst and one average quality that probably isn't good enough to freeze so had to decide there and then whether to have one or two put back this time and nearly ended up arguing with my feet in the stirrups!
In the end we have gone with one (those of you keeping track of my posts will know the discussions/quandries we have had about this!).....it remains to see what happens now!! And so...the 2 week wait!
Good luck to those of you having collections and starting scans this week - let's keep each other sane!

Baby dust and lots of PMA to all.

Kate xxxxxxxxx

[Modified by: Sunshine* on 25 July 2010 20:58:35 ]

Replies

• Hi Kate, Got my fingers and toes crossed for you! hope you get a BFP in 2 weeks time!! in the meantime put ur feet up and let your OH pamper you!
  • Congratulations on being PUPO!!!
    Everything crossed for you!
    Helen.xxx
  • Glad things have gone well for you. How exciting to have got to this stage, I'm sure the 2WW will fly by. Are you off work for it??

• Fantastic! Rest up and look after yourself, hopefully the next couple of weeks will fly by. Everything crossed for a BFP!!! xxx
  • Good luck Sunshine xx
  • Ah well done Sunshine and good luck for the 2ww : ) Make sure you rest up and take care of yourself, looking forward to hearing the results!!!.x.
  • Thanks for the good wishes everyone! I am indeed staying off work for the 2ww, have a v stressful job and am very rarely ill so decided I wanted 'me time'! My GP did me a sick note this morning and she was really lovely and supportive and said that she classed me as pregnant until proven otherwise too! Feel a bit drained emotionally today but starting to feel less bloated from the pessaries and more normal following egg collection etc. Just going to have a really relaxing, pampering fortnight. I'll keep you all posted! xx
  • Hi Sunshine

Glad to hear you are officially putting your feet up and that your GP has signed you off with no problems. This is something that is really worrying me as I feel that I will definately need at least one week off if not two as it is a really stressful time at my work but I am worried that maybe my GP won't agree! Just getting ahead of myself tho - I will delighted to get to your stage so should not look too far into the future...

Keep in touch xx
  • Fingers & toes are all crossed for you x
  • Got my fingers crossed for you hun, I'm in the 2ww too, had my insemination today :S perhaps we could keep each other sane?
  • Hi Kittycat - how exciting!! Yes, we can keep each other sane - or at least try! When are you testing?! Today I feel more 'normal' but then that starts to worry me in case it means nothing has happened! How are you feeling?

Debbie C - I was really nervous my GP would think I was being over-sensitive and not understand which is partly why I booked to see a lady GP but she was really nice - she even said that if/when it works I shouldn't feel in a rush to go back to work as it will be time to take it easy etc then too. I had made sure the hospital had my permission to tell my GP I was having treatment but she only had a few of my early notes that said 'recommend for ICSI/IVF' but she was absolutely fine about it all - I think they can tell when people are genuine!

Thanks everyone else for all the good wishes. We are testing on Thursday August 5th - I think we can test the day before if the wait gets too much but that's the day I've always had in my head. We have told our friends and family it's the day after though - in the hope we will have suprise good news for them! Or so we can come to terms with it if it's a negative.

PMA and sticky dust to all! x
  • Hello Sunshine,

I have just been advised to start IVF and we are beginning in September. I am also hoping for a single blastocyst transfer if we are lucky enough to get that far, so am reading your thread with interest and keeping everything crossed for you.

Firstly, how are things going? I hope you're feeling well and not letting the 2ww get to you (easier said than done I suspect).

Can I be nosy and ask whether you were on the long or short protocol, how many eggs you got and how many went to blasts? Also did your clinic give you any indication about potential success rates with a single blast transfer?

Sorry for all the questions. I really hope you're keeping well and I'll be keeping my eye out for updates.

Hugs

Sarah xxx