Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

G/C from TTC - Underactive Thyroid

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone on here had an underactive thyroid. I am hearing soooo many horror stories about how it causes infertility etc and i dont know ANYONE with the same condition that i can speak to about it.

I am just searching for people with success stories or even some advice about UT!!!!

tink xx

Replies

• Hi,

I have subclinical hypothyroidism (mildly underactive thyroid). Although I've had trouble with TTC, no one has ever indicated that this is the reason. I would guess that if it was then they would treat the thyroid problem before trying IVF.

Have you had your thyroid levels tested? If not, maybe you should make an appointment to get this done. Either way, it's probably best you talk to your doctor about this as they'll know all the details.

Hope everything works out for you x
  • Thanks for the reply. I do have an underactive thyroid and i am currently on 125mg and get tested every 3-4 months. My problem is i am told different things by different docs and at our practice you cant always see the same one!!! Thanks for replying, it puts my mind at rest a little to know it may not affect me TTC. Good luck with everything xxx