Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Had our first hospital appointment (also in LTTTC)

Well, we had our first hospital appointment today. We had already had our bloods done and hubby's SA. The Dr was happy with my blood tests for ovulation and estrogen levels but hubby's SA wasn't good (which we knew). So hubby has to do another test in the next couple of weeks or so and I have to have a Hycosy just to make sure all is well with my tubes. Dr also did another smear test on me to test for chlamydia (apparently they like to have that done before they do a Hycosy).

I have to ring on the first day of my period next week to try and arrange the Hycosy and we have an appointment in 8 weeks time with the Dr again to go through everything. She said that unless hubby's next SA showed significant changes its very likely we are on the road to IVF. Its not preferable, but at least we are getting somewhere.

We are in Colchester and I don't know what the waiting times are, but as its been less than 6 weeks since I first went to the Dr's surgery to talk about being unable to conceive and we've already had our first hospital appointment, I'm hopeful that means that they are relatively quick moving.

Good luck ladies.

Replies

• Just to let you know I replied in LTTC. Glad things are moving x
  • Hope all goes well for you! I've popped in from twins/multiples. I had IVF...never thought it would work & am currently expecting quads!!! (2 sets of id twin girls). My hycosy was May 08 & seems like a million years ago. If you wish hard enough some times dreams can come true x