Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Growing follicles - very excited!

Hi ladies,

I thought I would drop a quick update as I am on day 7 of menopur injection and day 2 of cetrotide and going OK so far. Been bloated and achy and with a tummy like a pincushion but had a scan this morning and all seems to be progressing well! I have 4 follicles 14-16mm on my right ovary and another 6 under 11mm and then 5 on the left ovary at 12-14mm and an endometrium of 7.8mm. The nurse seemed pleased with these measurements and said they're not too many but not too few either! I have another scan on Friday and then HCG injection Saturday night ready for egg collection on Monday all being well.
We have will have to go to a different hospital about 40 miles away for embryo transfer day so have a meeting with them on Friday afternoon too to see the facilities, meet the staff and also on my egg collection day DH has to make like James Bond and whizz up the M6 with my collected eggs and his sperms in a special container for the embryologist to do his magic on. Still worried it will all fall apart or something will go wrong but trying to remain positive and hopeful and take it day by day, step by step - that really is my best advice to any of you doing the same.
I have been wearing my fat Christmas dinner trousers to work as my tummy has been too sore and bloated to wear my suit which is weirdly funny and had a few emotional ups and downs but on the whole things are going better than I expected. I do keep having to pinch myself to believe we really have to do this though! It's like a weird surreal dream!
Baby dust and hugs and PMA to all, Ill be reading all your uupdates too. Kate xx

Replies

• Sounds like its going well. Everything crossed for some good eggs on monday!
    Helen.xxx
  • How exciting, sounds like a lovely number of eggs!

Dont worry about your eggs being damaged on the journey, they will be doing this all the time if this is standard proccedure for them, and would find a better solution if it had ANY effect on their success rates.

I cant believe how fast your treatment has been, egg collection already! I will be thinking of you on Monday, keeping everything crossed. When is your ET? Mine being very long protocol, I just started my injections today - was very nerve wracking. I made up the Menopur and my hubby did the injection for me.

Take it easy, lots of babydust

Lorraine xxx
  • Hi Sunshine

Best of luck with everything. My DH also has to take my eggs in an incubator on the tube so I can relate to your worries!!

I will look forward to hearing how things progress and good luck xx
  • Hi everyone, thanks for your comments!
    Quite nervous about final scan tomorrow before egg collection tomorrow but with swollen tummy and backache it's quite obvious my ovaries are doing what they should be! Just hope I have enough eggs but not too many that I've over-stimulated. I will update again over the weekend once I know all the details for collection on Monday.
    Lorraine - hope you're getting going OK with the injections, we have a little routine where we set everything up now and it's quite long-winded with doing 2 sets of injections now (and I managed to break my sharps disposal bin!) I think you just have to try and see the comedy in the situation - I sit on my bed looking out of the window at all the people going past while I am there holding a flabby chunk of my belly aiming a needle into it!
    Debbie C - glad it's not just me who has a husband who thinks he is like James Bond with his precious cargo in transfer!
    Sending thoughts and baby dust to all xxx
  • Good luck for today, I'm sure everything will be fine! Rest up, as I've heard it can be very uncomfortable by the end with all those eggs.

Injections are going well, we are actually quite enjoying it in a way. My hubby has decided to do the injections so that I have mini bruises in the shape of a smiley face lol. I have accupuncture yesterday too with 11 needles so officially feel like a pin cushion. Luckily, needles and injections dont bother me, its blood tests and IV's that scare the hell out of me!

Good luck again, and let us know xxx
  • Hi again! Well like a proper chicken the Doctor told me he thinks I have 'about a dozen' eggs - I nearly said 'cluck' to him!!! All around 16mm-20mm and still some smaller ones so he was rubbing his hands gleefully, said he expects a good collection on Monday. I am ridiculously bloated with achy hips and back but he said that's normal and he wasn't concerned about over-stimulating. My best friend came to see me today, she is due to give birth any day and the pair of us were sat on the couch like fragile little old ladies, me trying to curl up against the pain and her trying to get her bump comfy - life is strange!
    Final cetrotide injection in about 10 mins (last menopur was last night) and then at midnight tonight the big one - the hcg injection out of the fridge ready for collection on Monday at midday.
    I will keep you all posted Monday/Tuesday when we know how many eggs they collected and hopefully I will be reporting on a good number of fertilised embryos - Doctor said they will do ICSI on as many as they can so still optimistic at this stage.
    Love and relaxing thoughts and lots of baby dust to all xxx
  • Everything crossed for monday!!
    H.xxx
  • Hi G/C from LTTC, I've been following your story, just wanted to wish you lots of luck for your egg collection today xxx
  • Loads of luck and good wishes and baby dust!!! xxx
  • Hi Sunshine,

Just wanted to wish you luck for today (your EC should be happening right now actually!) really hope it went well and you get a good number of eggs. Looking forward to hearing how it went!!!

.x.
  • Hi there

I just wanted to wish you luck for your egg collection today.

V xxx
  • Hope its gone well!
    H.xxx