Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I've started my journey!

Replies

• Good luck for tomorrow Helen x
  • Thanks everyone.
    I'm a bit down this evening as I'd expected to be PUPO and instead I have all the anxiety of whether the embies have started to divide or not overnight again tomorrow morning. I'm off to bed shortly as I'm shattered-could be up in the middle of the night but nevermind.
    Hope I have some good news tomorrow evening.
    Lots of love to you all.
    Helen.xxx
  • Hi helen

Sorry to hear that today wasn't to be your big day. Fingers crossed those little snow embies and busy growing, and I look forward to reading the news that you are PUPO.

xx
  • Oh what a shame Helen, I can understand you feeling a bit down because of the setback but hopefully tomorrow will bring you some more postitive news. Will check back then. Good luck hon, come on little embies!! x
  • Well as of about 13.45 today I am PUPO with a 9 cell embie!!! Can't quite believe its in there and it seems like a strange sort of an anticlimax after all my stressing yesterday.
    Oh and G loved her tennis lesson!!
    Thankyou for all your good wishes over the past few days.
    Helen.xxx
  • Oh Helen I've been checking in for your update and am so so thrilled for you. I can't imagine how you must feel but will be keeping absolutely everything crossed for you. What is the next step? Do you go back to the clinic for testing? I really hope this is it for you, you've waited more than your turn x
  • Fantastic news !!! image
    Yep so what's the next step, do they take bloods and test? And when? On the edge of my seat now :lol:
    I hope your little embie is lovely and cosy in there and decides it is a fabulous little nest you have in there and sits it out the next 9 months!
    xx
  • Hi Goonie and Mummabear!!
    It feels really wierd to think that its in there TBH. I'm pleased that I feel quite emotional about it and feel like its mine which I had wondered whether I would or not.
    My official test date is supposed to be the 29th with the nurse who has followed me all the way through-shes really nice and saw me in the waiting room yesterday and came to chat which was great. Anyhow its a urine test at the clinic-although I'll be testing with a hpt beforehand (but hopefully not too early!). I'm going to ask her if OTD can be the 30th instead as a close friend lost her little boy a year ago on the 29th and it will be a very sad day and it doesn't seem right that thats my OTD.
    I'm going to the doctors today to ask for a sicknote-hope he'll give me one as work is very physically hard and stressful at the moment and I don't want to jepordise my chances.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Lots of love, Helen.xxx
  • Oh wow, Helen! Well done for getting your emby on board, you take it easy over the next couple of weeks and pampper yourself.

I've got everything crossed for a sticky bean for you xxxx
  • That is fantastic helen, I am sending you bucket loads of sticky embie dust over to you.
    I really hope the doc gives you a sick note.
    Make sure you rest as much as you can these next 2 weeks.
    xxx
  • Hi Helen

Congratulations on being PUPO. Hope the doc has signed you off and you can put your feet up. Take care of yourself xx
  • Am keeping my fingers crossed for you xxxx
  • will be keeping my fingers tightyl crossed helen,

sending ooodles of luck x
  • fingers crossed helen, very excited for you.

gerberax
  • Ah that's great news image I hope you get to take some time off work to help embie settle in, fingers are crossed for you

Zoe xx
  • Thanks girls you're all lovely!!!
    I've got my sicknote!!! He's done it to the 30th which he says includes the 30th, and I thought I was due at work on the sunday after but I've got my weeks wrong and I wont be back (unless I do some extras) until friday 8th October!!!
    I've had to stroll everywhere today which has been really strange as I don't do walking slowly I rush. Having to allow extra time so need to go and set off to collect G from school now!!!
    H.xxx
  • That's a perfect amount of time off image
    I know exactly what you mean about having to walk slowly during the 2ww, I had make my dog walk slow and used the lifts at work, we have to do what we can tho!!
    I hope you manage to relax and put your feet up.
  • Helen, that is fab news and PUPO.
    Try and relax (easier said than done) and look forward to you BFP announcement.

Sarah
    xx
  • So glad you have been signed off for a while. Now you really can put your feet up and be kind to yourself. I can understand for wanting to put the date back to the 30th and Im glad they accommodated this for you. It could be a rather bitter sweet result otherwise :cry:
    So...... on the 2ww now!! Now little embie.... stay tucked up all nice in there ok? image
    xx
  • Hiya we haven't spoke but i remember you from TTC,Congrats on getting so far..last time i saw a post from you you were stressing out about going to the docs to be transferred!!

I wish you all the luck in the world and really hope you get your BFP...You really deserve it

Leanne xx