Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Fao Rachie

Hi Rachie, how are you feeling?
I had my referral appt today, all a little grim as I guess we've been spoilt with Bupa!!! Lots of swabs for me and blood tests for both of us. A mini breakdown from me, tears and sobs of 'I don't want to do this'.... The waiting lists isn't too bad at all, the consultant thinks a couple of months and we should have an appt through from The Bridge Centre!

All very emotional as it's just brought everything back, we'd been doing OK and just getting on with things and trying to forget about all the baby stuff.

I wanted to ask you as we've been through the same kind of treatment, injections etc, and obviously if you don't mind telling me what your situation was.... So far there's nothing they have found wrong with either of us, the only thing they think it could be is that my eggs may not be maturing enough, although as you'll remember I responded well to the injections!! I suppose it just need a little encouragement from someone who it's worked for. I'm really worried about my AMH as it was a little low, and whilst joking with my consultant today saying we'll still be giving it a last ditch attempt naturally, he just said we need to do IVF as soon as possible!!!

I know we're going to be given really low odds and I just keep thinking are we just setting ourselves up for more heartache!!!

xx

Replies

• Hi babyhope, I was going to do a FAO for you soon as I thought you would be starting soon.
    How you feel is completely natural, In the december I turned really emotional about it. I couldn't talk about it without getting upset, I was upset it had come to this. But as soon as I actually got into the process you just go with it and it is much easier... it is just the waiting and the build up. I really hope your appt comes through quickly for you.
    You can ask away hun, in a way it is good you had the injections first as it was explained to me that it can be hard to find the right dosage for the stimms. Least they already know with you that reacted well and they know your base point. Did they say you would be doing the short or long protocal?
    Our situation was that DH was fine, but I had PCOS and a blocked tube. I never had my AMH tested.
    It can work hun, we have had many a success story with IVF the 1st time round, TBD, Claire-Ski, myself to name a few and this can work for you.
    XXX
  • Hi Rachie,
    Thanks so much for your reply, it was just what I needed. Things do seem alot better now we've had time to think about it all.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, and if we don't try we'll never know. Like you say, starting the injections again won't be as daunting as I've done them before. The way I look at it is Im used to the needles abd scans, I had a laparoscopy, so egg collection won't seem too bad and after the amount if people that have already peered up my mooey, I'm sure I'll be able to cope with the ET!!! (trying to think positively !)

There has been so many successes on here, I'm hoping I can get a little share of it.

I don't know what protocol I'll be on yet, once I get accepted by The Bridge Centre (they could still decide I'm too high risk.... I'm hoping not) we'll get our appointment to discuss everything!!!

I'm not going to worry about it anymore until then... I'm going to start back on my nutrition plan as I need to lose some weight and get in tip top condition!!! Aswell as look after our lovely little puppy Rossi, who has helped us tremendously to relax and laugh again!

Can you recommend anything I need to do?? Supplements, acupunture etc. Hope you are doing well

T xx

• You definitely will be able to cope! You are doing brilliantly and how you feel is completely natural. I really hope you hear from The Bridge Centre soon and get your appt through so you can make a start.
    I really rate Acupuncuture, I started it before hand and had it all the way through, then I had it before ET and then 7 days later. Some people rave about it other people are much more sceptical. I love it and truly believe it helped me. It is meant to be esp good for the lining and the egg quality. I also went on the Zita West supplements, and on her DHA supplements. Other than that I stopped drinking completely, and I went on protein shakes the week before I started stimms and then throughout stimms. I also had pineapple juice every single day during stimms and the 2 WW (meant to help with the lining and implementation) and also introduced brazil nuts and seeds into my diet as they are meant to help with egg quality and the lining.
    xxx