Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Some Positive Easter thoughts

Hi ladies,
I've been a right doom & gloom merchant recently. I'm starting more IVF drugs in May & had convinced myself it will fail & it it doesn't then I'll end up with another loss later on.
So this morning I've decided to give myself a shake & be positive! So I wanted to wish you all a happy positive Easter. For those like me waiting....our time will come (soon I hope). For those already lucky & pregnant again....we're all rooting for you to have a safe, drama free pregnancy.
Happy Easter x

Replies

• Hi hun, it's so hard isn't it? I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and have felt almost depressed throughout my pregnancy! People keep saying to be positive I just find it so hard because I don't want to get my hopes up! On the flick of the coin I do feel the need to improve my mood and lately with a bit of sun, easter eggs and daffodils everywhere I am starting to feel a little more like this is my time to be a mummy! Good luck with your IVF and you are right, our times will come, heaven knows we all deserve it! Xxx
  • Sorry to g/c, I know you don't know me wooly I have followed your story even before I signed up when I was a lurker, I just wanted to say I think your a brave lady and really strong, I hope you have a lovely Easter an you will be in my thoughts.I really do wish you get your bfp, I'm sure you will bea wonderful mummy Xxx
  • Hi Wooly,

This is a lovely post, just what a lot of us will need. Unless you've read my recent threads, you won't know me as unfortunately i'm new to the bereavement/ttc after bereavement forums. Without going into it all our beautiful baby boy Thomas died just over a month ago.

Life is still unbearable, its difficult to breathe, so seeing this has shed a little light. Ditto, i wish all you lovely ladies all the best with your pregnancies, we've not started ttc yet as its so soon, our heads are still messed up....i too hope that all of us will get our time soon. Wooly i wish you all the luck for your forthcoming ivf.

Happy Easter xxx
  • Im not sure if its right to post this but in born in november there is a lady who is very ill with cancer and her post is entitled always look on the bright side of life, I have been feeling extremely sorry for myself and i read her corageous posts and felt ashamed. So i too am going to try so hard to see the positives, and enjoy the blessings i do have

x

DM, you are in my prayers

• I know its hard each day & being positive isn't easy but hopefully some better weather etc will come our way & make things a little brighter xxxx
  • Happy Easter girls! Hope we haven't overdone it with the chocolate eggs... Lol. This was a nice topic post 'wooly'. Sometimes I feel like just hiding away on 'special' days! But positive thinking is definatley the way to go. We are down at my parents for the weekend, they stay a few hours away, has been nice to chill out! My brother passed away on Easter Sunday when I was 4 so mum struggles with Easter, even though it's a differant day every year I suppose it will be the memory for her. Mum and me have just painted some boiled eggs... With nail varnish! Lol I painted 'Russel (my OH) for Darceys memory and mum painted my dad in memory of my brother Robert. So we had a few giggles. image

Anyway Easter kisses being sent to our precious angels, and happy thoughts to us girls. Wooly, goodluck with your next round of ivf treatmant... My fingers will be very tightly crossed, as they are for bfp's and healthy pregnancy's for all! Xx
  • Team blue I have seen Dylansmummy's story over in born in November and it is just heartbreaking. She is one amazingly brave lady! And I hope she continues with her fight xx
  • I agree, i posted on the update about dylansmummy yesterday, its so sad, i hope she manages to keep fighting too...i wish all of us get some postives soon....thank you ceilidhA for sending our precious angels Easter kisses. So sorry to hear about your brother, I hope you and your mum found some comfort painting eggs....thats a lovely thing to do and a nice way to have Darcey in your thoughts too.

My hubby n I have also spent today with our family all at my parents house....it was lovely but glad to be home again now as sometimes its so overwhelming with everyone there. We also went to see our little Thomas today so that was nice, just wish that he was with us....

Enjoy the rest of Easter everyone xxx
  • Hi wooly (and all) I'm wishing you lots of babykeeping ivf dust and really hope your wait is not too long.
    I too have been finding it incredibly hard to feel positive about things as its so hard to believe one day it will be ok when so many horrible things happen. I've not read about that poor lady with cancer but I do believe that no matter how much crap life throws at you, you must try to count your blessing because there will always be someone going through worse. We all have a right to feel upset though but we must never give up hope because then there'd be no point in anything. Take care of yourself and I also wish everyone the best of luck on this very hard and painful journey....... Thinking of you all X