Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

An update from us

Dear All,

Just again to say thanks to all of you for your kindest support. Today is 5 months since we lost our twin boys.

We have started an IVF cycle and currently my wife is on her down regulation phase. We hope that this year will bring us the luck we really need with this. Will write more when we are at a more advanced stage of the treatment.

Good luck to all of you.

Replies

• Good luck with your IVF, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Xxx
  • Thanks Becky_Lou. Appreciate the support ! Good luck to all of you as well !
  • Sorry, every mile stone passed always seems to hurt. How are you & your wife feeling about treatment?
    I'm suppost to be starting my drungs in the next month too. People ask if I'm ready for more treatment? I say yes if it works but if it doesn't it might be a different story.
  • We started the down reg, unfortunately the down reg did not happen initially and they gave her pregnyl to induce a monthly cycle. The down reg drugs continued however even after the second cycle downreg did not take place and her estrodial levels just did not reach the low levels expected. They have told her to stop all the drugs and now go back on day 1 of her next cycle. I am not sure whether they will choose to put us through the short protocol or whether they prescribe a different down reg drug. I am really confused and my wife is terribly sad. It is an emotional rollercoaster and I just don't know how we will cope this time round with anything.
  • I think we keep thinking " I won't be able to take much more" & then we just carry on & do. I hope you & your wife can find that inner power to keep going x
  • Hi, I don't really come on here much ATM but just wanted to wish you well, I'm sorry I don't understand the ivf procedures but I know it can't be easy. None of us realise the strength we have until we need it and that will be true for you 2 too. If anyone told me I'd still be standing after all of this a year ago I'd have laughed in their face, - I'd also have held the attitude 'won't happen to me' too.

Take each day as it comes and be strong. You will get there because you have the love in your hearts to keep trying. .... And wishing you and wooly all the best with your ivf. Take care x
  • Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sure we will find the spirit and strength to march ahead and I sincerely know that my wife is one of the best, honest and decent persons in this world, some good has to come to her if the laws of Karma are true.
  • Hi. Sorry I'm a bit late replying. I don't come on here as often as I used to. Just wanted to wish you luck with your IVF.

George, x
  • Hi All,

It's been a while since I wrote anything on this blog. We are still waiting for the "right" time to begin the IVF cycle. Any of you who have had some experience with IVF will know about the list of things that need to be "right" before you can begin. We wanted to start at the beginning of April and here we are at the beginning of June and still just waiting !
  • Hi, just read your post. I'm not familiar with IVF but from what I do know it seems a lengthy process, and that must be agonising. The waiting must be very frustrating, and I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world, and hope you don't have to wait much longer.
    Take care, Luv kathryn xxx
  • Hi ks9 I'm do sorry you are still playing the waiting game, I also don't know much about ivf but completely understand that you must feel very powerless in the wait. I really hope you get some positive progress soon, the wait is awful but keep telling yourself that each month you're still waiting means physically you've given your (wifes) body, that little bit longer to prepare for what will be your beautiful baby's home, take care and good luck
  • Thanks for your kind supportive message. god bless.
  • Hi KS9,
    I'm so sorry you & your wife are in limbo like this! I totally understand feeling like time has stood still & everyone else around you is moving forward. I keep telling myself all good things come to those who wait & I truely hope good things happen for you both too! xxxx