Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

getting induced at 35 weeks and im scared ,

i am just over 33 weeks at the moment and they are planning on inducing me at 35 weeks , due to thin scar from previous section and also shortend cervix its only 2 cm , im exited in a way as im dying to meet my son, but also very very scared incase anything goes wrong, would love to hear any stories of anyone in the same situation or knows of any one , thanks x x x x

Replies

• My waters broke at 33+5 and after some time in hospital they decided to induce me at 34+5. (I still had loads of water left and they where afraid for infections)

Anyways, I was already 2-3 cm dialated and was put straight on the drip. Was kinda forced to stay on bed on my back, but it wasn't to bad. It was over in 7 hours.

They took him away instantly, just after a quick look from us. They wheeled him out, but he was crying already and was very loud. My reaction was 'there is nothing wrong with his lungs' They brought him back around when the placenta was delivered. They put something in his hand so if they had to give him antibiotics they could easily do so.

On the ward they kept a close eye on his blood sugar, before and after each feed. They kept a close eye on his colour as well. He developed jaundice at about 3 days and had to stay in. (he stayed at my bed) He had light therapy for 4 days, loads of blood tests from his heel and it was a horrible time. Luckily he had nothing else and was able to go home a week after he was born.

He is now a happy 15 month old who is walking, almost running on occasions and generally a very relaxed, sweet little boy. He was a bit late with everything in the beginning, but he quickly was catching up.
  • Hi Denice. I am Denise... lol
    I was due to have a section with my 5th at 37 weeks due to placenta previa. However at just under 35 weeks I started to bleed. Amelia was born by EMCS weighing 5lbs 5 oz. She needed a lot of help at first but that was due to me going into shock due to severe blood loss. She was stable after 15 mins and took off to the baby unit. She was in there for about 9 days due to been a little cold and then developing severs jaundice. She came home at 10 days and we have not looked back. She was and still is very small for her age. She was 2 in Feb and her development has caught up to most her peers.

Good luck with it all

d xxxx