Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Anyone have contractions at 28 weeks UPDATED

Hi girls,

Posting for my SIL she is in hospital at the moment having contractions, she had not dilated when they examined her yesterday. They have injected her and given her tablets to try and stop them and they did start to ease last night but she had some more in the night. They have given her more drugs this morning and have her on the monitor. Just wondering if anyone have experienced this and managed to stop the contractions.

Thanks XX

thanks for all your replies girls they were very reassuring, luckily they stopped my sil contractions til thursday and she had the baby yesterday at 35 weeks she weighs 5lb 9oz and is in scbu, she is breathing for herself and they say she is doing really well she is being fed by tube and they are going to try and give her a bottle today to see if she can suckle, went to see her last night she is gorgeous thanks again XXX

[Modified by: wantingbaby on 14 March 2009 11:15:53 ]

Replies

• Sorry didn't want to just read and run. I never personally experienced this as I had Kara at 34+4 and this just happened suddenly as my waters broke. I have heard though of people's contractions being stopped by something the hospital done.

I hope your SIL is ok and they manage to stop them even for a few more weeks.

Sorry I can't be any help.
    Louise
  • When I was in hospital with pre-eclampsia the lady next to me was having contractions at 30 + weeks they gave her some injections and they stopped her contractions so hopefully it will work for your SIL... All the best x
  • hi didnt want to r&r i started contracting (with twins) at 19 weeks (didnt do anything just stopped themselves) 28 weeks had steroids and drugs to stop contracting wasnt dilating, 30 weeks again wasnt dilating but contracting so more drugs, finally had babies at 33 + 4.

Hopefully they will work for your SIL send our love xx
  • hi not sure if this helps or not but i had my daughter number3 at 29 weeks couldnt stop me. she was a miracle the midwifes say she weighed 3lb no breathing help// no incubator and if she hadnt needed feeding through a tube she could of come home straight away. she was in 4 weeks as soon as she was on bottle she came home weighing a tiny 4 lb
  • hi i had contractions at 24 stopped them and 28 stopped them and they cudnt stop at 32 weeks so i had my son xxx i hope your sil be ok
  • Hi thats great to hear. Glad the baby is doing well. She lasted longer than me and I had no signs lol. Congrats to your SIL. Hopefully she will get home soon.
  • Thats great she got to 35 weeks and baby is a good weight. She shouldnt take long until she is taking full feeds herself and then will get home.

Give her a big kiss from me and Kenny.
    xx