Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how early? xxx

what's the earliest you have had a prem baby and they have been okay?

I'm sooo worried.. my waters keep starting to go and i'm 29 weeks tom..

Replies

• Options
    Babies are surviving at 23 weeks now as care is so good.
    Obviously 29 weeks is very early but most problems like feeding and breathing resolve fairly quickly and they won't just let you home to cope alone. I know of babies born at 24 weeks and they have taken a little longer to do things but then have generally caught up by 2 yrs of age.
    Best of luck xx
  • Options
    Hi
    My little girl was born at 28 weeks and weighed just 2lb 5oz. She spent 8 weeks in NICU and didn't have any major problems. She is now a healthy, happy 4 month old, but is still the size of a 4 week old.
    Having the steroids for the baby's lungs can make a big difference to how well they do.
    Good luck hun
    Maria x
  • Options
    The Bliss web site may help you to understand how babies manage being born early. My lo was 33+1 when he was born and was an oldie compared to some of the babies on that site. Its amazing how well preemie babies do and there are mums talking about how well their toddlers are doing and they were born at 25 weeks.

Kenny is nearly 6 months and is thriving like any other baby.

Good luck
    xxxx
  • Options
    29 weeks yesterday... and read in a book baby has 95% survival rate from here... so thats comforting! x

[Modified by: it_must_be_love on May 11, 2008 06:12 AM]