Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i'm so scared :(

heya my names jess. I'm 22 and pregnant with my first baby. At 14 weeks i had spotting and after a scan it showed that the placenta had bled into the womb. It cleared up but then at 16 weeks i bled heavily and was kept in over night at hospital. Although the scan showed the clot in my womb was smaller and almost gone they've said there is a large risk of her being premature. I'm so scared. There also worried i'll have more of a chance of hemoraging. Reading some of the stories on here and just the thought of not being able to hold my little girl terrifies me. Did any of you know your babba was going to be prem. Any advice? Or can you really just never prepare yourself for it image x

Replies

• Options
    Hi sorry to hear you are worried. I had no idea that Kara was going to be premature. Even the day that she arrived I got my car MOT'd and also dyed my hair. I had no signs at all. I went to bed in the afternoon and woke up and found my waters had broken. I had Kara at 34+4 weeks. There was no reason for her to be early. Kara was in SCBU for 2 weeks but had no problems at all but only weighed 3lb 12oz. She was so small so she just had to grow and feed before she got out. I will admit it is worrying as a parent but you do get over it and realise that it is best for your lo. I had Kara at 3am on the Sunday morning and didn't get to hold her until about 12 midday on the Sunday. It didn't affect the bonding with her at all. I knew that she was in the incubator for a reason and I would rather that she was safe in there and getting what she needed. I knew I had the rest of my life to hold her. I was anxious to hold her of course but I just got on with it.

How far along are you at the minute? Did they give you any indication how early you might be?
  • Options
    HIiya
    I knew I was going to have my baby early as my blood pressure was very high. As soon as I was 5 and a half months preg i was in and out of hosp.

I had my baby at 35 weeks so I managed to hold off but I was on alot of medication and still am for my bp and mt baby is 7 weeks old now.

Also my baby was kept in for 3 weeks as he had to learn to feed as he had to be tube fed.

He is now home and doing great. It was worth it .

it will be worth and I know what you are going through
  • Options
    thank you for the replies, i'm 19+4 at the moment. And there expecting my waters to break early. I just worry cos i am still at full time uni and like you said there's rarely any signs when baby is prem. I know they say 32 weeks is a safe bet if lo is that early but it depends on how well they breathe isn't it? I heard they can give you injections to stop labour. Did you have to have these at all?
  • Options
    hi hun
    i had no idea i was gona have my little boy early he was born at 31 weeks and my placente started to come away and had to have an emergency caesaeraen i will admit its not easy when thay are in special care it worrying i was lucky he had no problems breathing and was absolutley fine he just needed to put on some weight and start feeding i had to wait 8 hours before i could hold him but that was only because i had ceasearean but the staff took a picture of him and sent it down to me but it is worth all the stress belive me.

take care xxx
  • Options
    hiya i had my son at 31 weeks it was a shock to both me and my fiance as i had no signs of going into early labour he was born weighing 4lb 4oz 3 hours from start to fin with no pain relief he was breech too came out bottom first he was in hosp 2.5 weeks until he was properly breast feeding until then he was tube fed it is very frighening but the hospital will be prepared for you as they know you will be going into early labour so sit back and enjoy your pregnancy and with the equipment they have these days they say from 24 weeks your baby can survive good luck i have to have a consultant at the hospital this time as i had a prem baby im now 8 weeks gone and have a scasn on fri 9th jan
  • Options
    thank you for all your replies, helped me to realise that it.s not as long as i first thought. Was thinking we wouldn't see our baby for months. The weeks will seem like years but at least it.s weeks rather than months. I heard they can give baby steroid injections to nature it.s lungs? You've all helped put my mind at ease a bit more thank you. I have my 20 week scan on thursday so i'm hoping they can give me some more info as to sproglet!
  • Options
    Sorry to here you're worrying hun! Hope it all sorts itself out and your little person is all okimage
    My little girl was born at 34+4...I began having pains early in the morning of the day before and finally at 11 that night the hospital told me to go straight in. Loads of people told me it was just braxton hicks but I just knew she was going to come if you know what I mean??

You'll be just fine, try not to worry!

Annie & Isidora xx

http://b1.lilypie.com/7wnb0/.png

• Options
    My little girl was born at 34+5 weighing 3lb11. I had an emergency c-section because of pre-eclampsia. I had steroid injection at 34wks. My baby was taken to SCBU, in an incubator, tube fed etc but 96hrs after having her she was back in the ward with me!!
    The nurses in SCBU are angels, I couldn't have got through my rollercoaster emotions without them. My advice would be to take each day as it comes - doctors and midwives aren't always right - but relax safe in the knowledge that if baby is early s/he will be looked after by the best people. I was taken to SCBU 5hrs after having baby, in a wheelchair, 3 drips tagging along, and two midwives to help me, because i demanded they take me or I'd go myself!!! Anything is possible
    Take care
  • Options
    my boys were born at 31+3 and there are no probs they were in SCBU for 5 weeks but are fine, both have slight heart murmours, knew they would be early but no ideda they would be that early they are now 22 weeks old and weigh over 12lb each now nirth weights 4lb and 3lb15.
  • Options
    my boys were born at 31+3 and there are no probs they were in SCBU for 5 weeks but are fine, both have slight heart murmours, knew they would be early but no ideda they would be that early they are now 22 weeks old and weigh over 12lb each now nirth weights 4lb and 3lb15.
  • Options
    babe dont b scared my boy was born 8weeks early a just 3lb9oz and dropped to 3lb3oz and is completely normal now, he was in hospital for 8weeks and they had told me i would probably have stillborn as so early, you will be fine, if my lo survived it was a miracle as i had periods first two months and threatned miscarraige third month xx
  • Options
    hi hun
    Dont be scared i had pains at 24 weeks again at 28 weeks i had bleeds constantly i think after 24 weeks anything after 3 bleeds u be hospitailized for the rest of your preg. on day 2 of my suppose to be 6 week stay before a section i gave bieth as i had pains and waters and placenta broke away. believe me you will know when your placenta bbreaks away. i had my lil boy at 32 weeks he is in the scbu its hard going in and outto the unit but it worth after 3 weeks he may be home. enjoy d rest. no matter wat you need a ceassearan so take it easy. with todays technology hun they can look after babies from 23 weeks so dont you be worrying. from 24 weeks you will prob have the lung injecs. best of luck with d rest of your preg

take care xxx