Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

likely my baby will be born prem soon pics now added

hi, in a state of shock and on hospital internet at side of bed. im 26 +1 today waters broke 31st may been rushed to nearest mat ward with level 3 neonatal intensive care. nurses expect me to deliver at anytime i hope i can last at least till 28 weeks as i hear surviival rates are better. is anyone else in this position? please please pray for us. i am so scared this is my first baby xthanks marie

Hi All, So far so good. Evelyn is now 2lb in weight and fighting well. Please see my other message below and thanks for all the well wishes. I will be back soon.
http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/108015

[Modified by: mazza74 on 16 June 2009 10:19:21 ]

\i hope this works - here is a link to some pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=81619&l=4fc6dc2b6a&id=552448217

[Modified by: mazza74 on 09 July 2009 16:59:33 ]

Replies

• Can't read that and not send you lots of good luck wishes, everything is crossed for you (pardon the pun!) and you'll be in our prayers.
    All i can say is that if baby arrives too soon then the staff in your neonatal will be angels in uniforms!! I couldn't have survived without them, and my little girl certainly wouldn't have. Have faith in them - and talk to them, they were more help to me than anyopne else
    Praying for you both xx
  • Hi Mazza I replied on Sept also - good thing is you are well past the magical 24 week stage, so everyday now is great!! I have fingers and toes crossed you make 28 weeks but I am sure your little one is a fighter and will be fine, keep us updated

xxxx
  • when dd was born there was a little boy who was born at 25 weeks. he was in hospital for quite a while but camme home the same day as my dd.

make sure you ask the nurses in scbu any questions you have (they are better than the doctors at explaining things without scaring you) they will be able to explain everything to you.

fingers crossed you hang on a wee while longer but as ladyk said these little buggers that come early are fighters just look at the then and now thread, no one would ever gues that any of them were early.

keep us informed as to what is happening
  • hi im maria too lol. i have had three prem babies and in my last pregnancy went into labour at 22 wks. so i know exactly how you feel.
    I was told they would transfer me to a hospital miles away. Luckly they mamaged to stop my labour and i went on till 28 wks then had my daughter who was 2lb 5oz.
    26 weeks is early but they can do miracles these days. have they given you steroids to mature your babys lungs.
    Also with my second son my waters broke at30 wks and i still kept going for another 2 weeks.
    So anything is possable just make sure you have all the support you can get and try not to get too stressed.
    Easier said than done i know lol

I hope everything goes well for you
    sorry bout the spelling

take care:\)
  • Everything crossed for you honey.
    H.xxx
  • Hi you and lo are in my prayers.

My friend had twins at 24+4 and 24+5 after going into labour at 23 weeks and they are now lovely 2year olds. Neonatal care is so fantastic these days.

Take care

xxDBxx
  • Just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you. Sending you lots of love and keeping everything crossed that your little one hangs in there for a little while longer.
    xxxx
    30+3
  • My niece was born at 24+3 by emergency section as my sister in-law had a severe in-uterine infection. She was kept in for at least 10 weeks (can't remember exactly how long, sorry). All the staff, in particular the nurses, were beyond wonderful. She turns four next week and there isn't a bother on her (apart from being an absolute brat sometimes!!!). It is amazing what they can achieve now-a-days.

Will be thinking of you... hope everything goes as well for you.
    xoxo
  • My girls are in SCBU with 2 little boys - one 24 weeker and one 26 weeker. Both boys are doing brilliantly. The 26 weeker is the same age as the girls now (36 weeks corrected) and he has just started breastfeeding. The 24 weeker is also doing well, is now 38 weeks and has started taking full bottle feeds so should be home soon.
    I won't pretend to you that it will be easy having your baby in SCBU but the nurses are amazing, I can't praise them enough, and I'm sure you have a little fighter who will be home with you on or around their due date. All the best xxx
  • read that you delivered a little girl...congrats.

Wishing you all the best and hope your baby is fit and well in no time and causing you all manner of mischief!!!

d xx
  • hello, im sure you will be ok, sorry to hear this. my aunty is scby nurse and babies are well equpit for, i have a really good feeling everything will be ok for you. please let us know how you get on hunnyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • All my thoughts are with you and your hubby. I really hope you can both be strong and that little Evelyn Hope is a fighter xxx

[Modified by: posy1971 on June 07, 2009 10:07 PM]

• Congratulations on the birth of Evelyn Hope. Sending you all big hugs and best wishes.
    xx
  • It sounds like Evelyn is doing really well and I am enjoying reading your birth story. I know that having a baby in SCBU can be very scary even when your baby is born at 32 weeks as mine was.
    You probably already know about the BLISS website as there are lots of people on there in similar circumstances to you.
    It sounds like Evelyn is a little fighter and I hope that you are coping ok.
    Sending you a big hug and hoping that SCBU is an uphill journey for you all rather than a rollercoaster.
    Helen.xxx
  • Hi mazza how are you and Evelyn? What weight is she now? You must be so tired, I remember like yesterday how I felt during Kenny's time in hospital, terrified, exhausted and in shock. He is now a fabulous toddler with no problems at all.

I hope your gorgeous girl is home with you soon.
    xx
  • Hi Ladies, thankyou all for your kind messages. Evelyn is now 4 weeks old and 2 days and weighed in at 2lb 7oz on wednesday (she was 1lb 14oz at birth so it's getting better. I'm off to the hospital later and they will have weighed her again today so I'm hoping it's good news again.
    She has put us through our paces though what with turning blue on several occassions and needing blood transfusions and the like. She has also moved to my local hospital now which is so much better as the travelling was really mucking up my expressing times.
  • Pleased to hear that shes improving. I hope that the scares shes giving you get less as she grows. She sounds like a real little fighter.
    I hope she continues to do well and will be home with you soon.
    Helen,xxx
  • Great news she is gaining weight well and its all from you, well done with expressing, its not easy but well worth it seeing them getting bigger.
    Have you got any recent photos?
    Keep us posted on how you are all getting on.
    xxx
  • hi again,
    yes I have lots of pics but don't know how to post them on here... can anyone tell me how to put pics on please?!
  • if you up load to facebook you can then open the picture in facebook, right click the picture and click properties, a box comes up just copy the url (ends with .jpeg).

come into be then click post reply, paste the link into the box, highlight the link then click 'img' above the reply box once them submit your reply.

hope that makes sense to you