Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice needed

Im 20 weeks pregnant and am worried that im losing water, I know this could just be the usual loss you get with pregnancy but its really worrying me. Its not much just a bit most days that when im wearing a liner I dont even notice.

My 1st baby was stillborn my waters broke at 28 weeks and a few days later she'd gone no real reason why even after post mortem, id been having antibiotics but the morning we found out she'd gone infection had set in.

I now have a beautiful son who's 2, again my waters went at 31 weeks had very close monitoring then 4 days later he was born weighing 4lb 1/2 oz. He didnt need any assisatance breathing and went from strength to strength and came home a month before his due date.

Im still feeling very anxious, sometimes I feel quite calm and rational about this pregnancy but then ill just feel paranoid. Ive mentioned this loss to my midwife and she said its fine I just cant get it out of my mind, I keep thinking it smells like it did when my waters have gone before tmi sorry but then it doesnt, its not like a discharge its like water just clear and wet??

Advice welcomed :\(

Replies