Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i went into larbour at 30 weekes and had a girl at 32 weekes

My name is teagan i went into have a routine ultrasound at 30 weeks when next thing i know i was in a wheelchair The ultrasound lady told me i had to stay seated because there was nothing holding the baby in and that she was pushing her foot onto the water bag she nearly ruptured it. I was flown to Sydney at Liverpool hospital were i stayed on complete bed rest . I was told nothing they had no answers for me they couldn't tell me why i went into larbour and they could not examine me until i had 1 weeks worth of antibiotics.Then when i was check the doctor stuffed up and said i was fully closed and seen no reason for me t go home so at 31 and half weeks i went home but had pains in my back for 4 days i went into hospital they said there i was in larbour i had Kaitlyn 1 hour later she was in the humidity crib with just heat for 2 weeks she had caffeine and was on monitors she was aload in my room the night before we went home she was born weighing 1.94 kg now she is 7 months old and weighs 6.3 she is still tiny but she is trying to sit up and rolling around everywhere.

Replies

• Hi, I'm sure she'll soon catch up weight wise. My dd was born at 32 weeks due to pre eclampsia at 1.5 kg. Shes nearly 4 and you'd never believe that she had been so small. At least clothes, carseat etc last longer!!xxx
  • They don't stay tiny for long!
    Morgana was born at 32 weeks weighing 3lb 4oz. Now at 15 months she is taller than some other babies that are full term, just a little slimmer. She is walking, feeding herself and saying about 4 words - you'd never know she was premature now.
  • Congratulations on the birth of Kaitlyn.

Its a shock having a prem baby and you dont know what to expect but iv just tried to go with the flow and not worry about development too much.

Pretty much from Kenny's birth, he was born at 33 weeks, he has developed at the rate of his corrected age. He is still a little small for his age, 14 months uncorrected but bang on for his corrected age.

I was also given no explanation for going into labour early and was just told it was one of these things. Makes me a bit scared of ever trying for number 2.
    xx
  • hi ya i no how u feel i had my 2 boys at 30 weeks they were both 2 pound due to preeclampsia but ive just found out ive got it again and im only 21 weeks they saw it on the scan and my bp keeps playing up again so they have said they r gona try and get me to atleast 30 weeks again if not i cud have her even earlyer which is a terrifiying thought im haveing the midwife out every 2 days to do my bp and urine as ive had 1 + protine in it and im haveing scans every 2 weeks im dreading it xxx
  • what is pre eclamsia? The doctors never told me why or how i went into larbour so I'm very confused it was a great larbour until the 30 week scan. I'm very scared of having another baby if i have to go through it again but then what i got is well worth it in the long run
  • Pre eclampsia includes high blood pressure and protein in your urine... The only way to get rid of it is to deliver the placenta, the placenta breaks down and doesnt provide your baby with the nutrients and oxygen that it needs so many people are induced when they get this or emerg c-section... Symptoms include headaches abdominal pain blurred vision swelling. I developed it at 36 wks and luckily went into labour on my own at 38wks 2 days before they were goin to induce me.
    Sme people get it more severe than others and sometimes earlier in there pregnancy..
  • hi babe my son was born at 32wks too. he 9months old now and weighting 1stone 5lb. born at 3lb 9oz. he ws in hospital fot 7weeks. x