Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BIO-OIL and scars

imageHi
seen a post about scarring from someone who had a c-sec 11 wks ago, i can't fnd it now to respond.

I had mine nearly 6 mths ago and have been using bio-oil sine about 30wks pregnant as i was huge and got quite a few red stretch marks. Mine were deep red/purple and the thickest parts of them were 0.5cm - 0.75cm.

I was getting a bit down about them as going away in 6 wks and dreading getting into any kind of swimming suit as i'm still about 3 stone overweight. Anyway i just happened to glance in the mirror (i try to avoid them) at my tum the other day and they are hardly noticeable.

You can get bio-oil at boots, sainsburys and major chemists, possibly other large supermarkets too.

Replies

• oh my god there must be something wrong with my skin!
    i have been using bio oil since birth of my 1st child - 2years ago and you can still see the stretch marks really clearly!

do you think you can put it on your c-sect scar to soothe it?
    my health visitor suggested E-45 for that...
    just wondering !
  • i'd say you can use it on the c-sec scar.

Do you use it exactly like it says - massaging for 5 mins?
  • well yes i did after the first baby...

now i have had twins and just about given up!
    lol

i am all saggy belly and stretch marks up to my ears - there is just no hope for some of us...
    maybe i will get on 10 years younger one day - and have massive surgery for all my mummy flaws!!!!!

• I still have HUGE saggy tum after just one baby! So depressing - going on hols in 2 wks and look hideous, still overweight by about 3 stone too!

Think I need a gastric bypass!
  • lol
    i need a fridge by pass - so i never have to walk past it again!!!!

my hubbie keeps filling it up with chocolate and ben and jerrys ice cream....