Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Arnica tablets?

Hi,
I will be having my 3rd section end of July/begining of august (get my date when Im 36 wks)
I have been reading on here about Arnica tablets... I didnt take them with my previous 2 as I hadnt heard they can help, but was thinking about getting some this time?
Was wondering if any ladies have taken them and what they think about them? Are they worth taking?
Thanks in advance!
Shay #
32+3

Replies

• I took them. I think they did help as I healed really quickly after my c-sec in 2008 and I will be taking them after my 2nd c-sec this Oct. I would recommend them as they can't do any harm it's worth trying them. I bought them online - Arnica 200 I think they are called as they are stronger than the ones you get in health shops. Good luck
  • they are great,

boots do 2 doses, one 6g and one 30g,. for a section your need the 30g

xx
  • i got mine form holland and barratt i can really say if they helped as i have no prior experience but i though it was worth a go!
  • I'm like piggy, I have no way of really knowing if they did anything at all, but I healed very quickly and had no problems so I'd take them again just in case! lol
  • I'm having a my 4th c-section in12 sleeps!! I will start taking mine next week - I've used with all even when I was induced with my 1st - I do feel that I healed quicker because the bruising comes out faster - or maybe it's just all in my mind - but I'll keep taking them anyway!!