Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

eletive cs...to be or not to be?

When i was having my 1st, i was so sure i was going to have him naturally cos that seemed like the normal thing to expect....until i went into labour. I was in ative PAINFUL labour for a about 24hours before my doctor rushed me to the theatre for a cs. After the anaestesia, the relief was so much, i almost cried. I was depressed for months after and didnt even know until i came out of it. I just kept wondering why i had to go through all that pain and toture when there was a way out all along! Well , that experience left me doubting if i'd ever attempt a vaginal birth again also i am so worried about what sex would be like after a natural birth. PLEASE help a confused mum!

So sad...everyone's reading and running. Did i say something wrong?

[Modified by: Enny on 24 March 2010 12:14:12 ]

Replies

• Options
    so sad...everyone's reading and running! Did i say something wrong?
  • Options
    Didn't want to R & R but don't really know what to say.

I too thought I'd have a natural birth but wasn't meant to be. Although I feel that I missed out on labour and a natural delivery, I'd probably opt for a c-section next time, as I had such a positive experience.

Can't help regarding sex as I've never had a natural delivery, only cs but I must say that even though I had a cs, sex is painful, uncomfortable and nothing like it used to be!
  • Options
    I had a cs and it was a great experience. I would opt for one should I get pregnant again.
  • Options
    when we get pregnant again i will be in that predicament, althought a section would be planned and easy i do feel i missed out esp as i got so far and still ended up in a section after 3 hours of pushing, i do still want to experince proper labour as i feel the section contributed to my failed attempt at BF,

as for sex, my friend had a normal deliver and descibes sex as different, not bad just different?
  • Options
    I feel the same as you. Have had 1 csection and didnt expect to have one.

On one hand, I'm desperate to experience natural labour again and go through the whole of it rather than get nearly there and have to be whisked off for a c-section.

I had a good experience with my c-section and no problems but I just want to do it naturally and not be induced either like I was first time.

BUT like you I am TERRIFIED of a vbac! Not so much the labour, but the state of me afterwards. Ds was over 9lb, I really do not want to end up with a 3rd degree tear. After a c-section you have no problems with bladder and bowel control, using tampons, sex (well usually I imagine!) but if I'd had a 3rd degree tear due to ds being so big....

it doesn't bear thinking about. I know im thinking of the worst case scenario but I can't help that!

I may have to have an elective c-section anyway next time but if not I will be trying for a VBAC,with bated breath! XX
  • Options
    Thanks a million guys. U are such great pals. All ur replies have helped a lot. Sending you all a kiss each.