Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My Sucessful VBAC

Hi Everyone I Know Its Nearly 3Weeks Late But Thought I Would Share My BS With You All As Its Very Positive And Might Give You Hope If Your Planning To Have One image

Here Goes...

Its Started On Wednesday The 18th At 40+3 When I Woke Up At 6:50am With Pains In My Back And Needing A Wee So I Went To The Loo And It Went So Got Back Into Bed...Then Again At 11:00 I Had The Same Thing So Went Too Loo And Went Back To Bed Because I Didnt Feel Too Well. At About 12:30 I Got Up With Pains In My Back I Thought To Myself Oh Maybe This Is The Start Of Things. I Went In The Bath At 2:30 And By The Time I Got Out All My Pains Had Disappeared I Was Happy But Disappointed At The Same Time As The Pains Were Irritating. At 6:20 The Pains Came Back So I Told My OH And Decided To Do Some Shopping To Take My Mind Off It Anyway We Got Back From Shopping And My Pains Were Still There So We Just Decided To Sit And Wait And See What Happens At 12:00am On 19th My Pains Had Got Worse So I Phoned The Hospital Who Told Me To Wait And See What Happens. We Sat And Waited And I Couldnt Take No More So I Went Up To The Hospital Got There And Was Put On The Monitors After About 45Mins Of Being Monitored The MW Took Me Off And Told Me I Wasnt In Labour. She Examined Me And Told Me My Cervix Was High And Closed So She Gave Me A Sweep Which Was My First One. She Then Told Me The Pains I Was Getting Was Just Braxton Hicks She Gave Me Some Co-Codemal And Sent Me Home.

The Same Morning At About 11:30am I Was Still Haveing These Braxton Hicks. I Had Them All Day So I Couldnt Really Do Much As They Were Quite Uncomfortable. At About 9:50pm I Was Leaning Over The Arm Of The Chair When I Felt A Little Trickle In My Underwear I Thought Nothing Of It An Went To The Loo And As Soon As I Pulled My Trousers Down A Gush Of Water Came Out I Was At My Moms At The Time So I Shouted Her In And Asked Her And She Said That It Sounded Like My Waters Had Gone I Was Also Loosing My Plug I Asked My Mom To Go And Get Me A Pad And Some Trousers. After I Finished On The Loo I Went To Lay Down For An Hour As The MW Told Me The Night Before That If I Thought My Waters Went To Lie Down For an Hour And Stand Up After The Hour As They Would Gush Out. After The Hour I Stood Up And Nothing Happened They Were Just Trickling Out. I Had Got OH To Phone The Hospital At 11:00pm As My Contractions Were Coming Every 4-5Mins And Lasting About A Minute They Told Me To Wait An Hour As They Were Full. The Contractions Seemed to Be Getting Worse And all I Could Do For Everyone Was Pace Around The Living Room And Kitchen. At 12:15am On 20th I Phoned The Hospital And Told Them I Couldnt Take No More And Asked If I Could Go In So They Said Yes. Off I Went To The Hospital Which Seemed To Be Taking Forever To Get There And Was A Very Horrible Journey.

We Got There About 12:45am When I Got There They Told Me I Would Have To Wait As They Were Busy So We Sat And Waited For The MW When She Finally Got There At About 1:10am And Examined Me Which Was Horrible She Told Me I Wasnt In Labour But I Was 1-2cm Dilated. After She Examined Me She Put Me On The Machines It Was Really Horrible As I Couldnt Walk Around To Help The Pain I Kept On Saying To My OH That I Couldnt Do It He Was Really Helpfull Though Telling Me That I Could Do It And Rubbing My Back For Me. I Finally Came Off The Machines And Was Given Some Co-Codemal Which Didnt Even Help At All I Was Then Taken To My Bed At 2:55am Which Was When They Told OH He Had To Go Home I Felt Like Crying But Nothing Was Going To Come Out Lol OH Left Me At 3:00am And I Was On My Own In So Much Pain The MW Came In And Asked Me If I Wanted To Go In The Bath And I Did But That Didnt Do Anything Either It Just Made Me Feel Worse I Got Out The Bath And Went To Lie Down I Couldnt Even Do That So I Went To The MW And Told Them I Couldnt Take Anymore So She Decided To Examine Me At About 3:45am And I Was 4cm Dilated So They Took Me To A Labour Room.

I Got Changed Into A Gown And Was Given G&A Which Again Did Nothing For The Pain Not Even Take My Mind Of It So I Didnt Use It. At About 4:25am I Was In Complete Agony And Felt Like I Needed A Poo (Sorry TMI) So I Pressed The Buzzer And The MW Came Rushing In I Was Bearing Down On The Floor Next To The Bed When I Told MW I Needed The Loo She Told Me To Go To The Loo So I Did I Then Told Her I Needed To Push So She Told Me To Get Off The Loo And Get On The Bed. At 4:30am She Examined Me And I Was 9 &Half cm Dilated. She Told Me To Start Pushing Which I Did Anyway As My Body Was Doing It Itself Aswell (I Didnt Even Feel Any Contractions At This Point). At 5:05am My Little Girl Keira-Jane Was Born Weighing 6lb 1oz . She Is Amazing And I Love Her So Does Her Big Sister OH Didnt Make It There On Time To Watch Her Being Born Because Of The Taxi Driver But Never Mind It Wasnt His Fault So I Didnt Mind

Never Used G&A Or Anything Else (So Proud Of My Self Lol) Although I Was Planning To Have An Epidural. All In All It Says On My Notes That Labour Was 2hrs 10mins But From When My Waters Broke It Was 7hrs 15mins Quite Painful But Would Do It All Again Though image

Anyway Theres My BS/Successful VBAC Hope You Got To Read This Far Lol x x x

Replies

• congratulations on a succesful vbac, sounds amazing! xx
  • Thank You It Was I Really Couldnt Believe I Did It.. Giving Birth Naturally And Haveing A Successful VBAC Was The Best Experience Ever I Must Admit And I Would Reccomend Trying For A VBAC To Anyone image x x
  • I'm really hoping to have a vbac with number 2, fingers crossed! xx
  • Ill Keep My Fingers Crossed For You This 1 Was Number 2 And All Worked Out Well It Was Amazing Good Luck Hun x x
  • Congratulations! I'm also hoping for a VBAC, so it's good to hear success stories.xx
  • Double post!x

[Modified by: McGillair on September 11, 2010 09:02 PM]

• Bumped Up For Roo image x
  • Thanks so much for that, it is good to read other peoples stories. I so am hoping to be able to manage a VBAC. Is there anything I can do to prepare my body for a more successful one?

Bouncing on birthing ball leadng up to my due date?

raspberry leaf tea closer to due date?

any tips/advice welcome???? x
  • Hi Roo If Im Honest I Never Tryed Anything Ther Is 1 Thing What I Believe Could Of Sent Me In Labour Weather It Actually Did Or Not I Dont Know But The Night Before Everything Started I Ate A Whole Sugar Dummy An That Was The Last Thing I Ate :lol: Weird Aint It Im Going To Try It Again To See If It Was Or Not image X x
  • So nice to hear a successful vbac story....i have been back and forwards over the idea, think its mainly because i have had 2 sections so i am doubting myself! although my midwife thinks i will be able to the consultant is trying to put me off!!

Ideally would love to have vbac so its nice to know it does actually work xx

Congratulations xx