Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Anyone had VBAC no 2 ?

I had an emergency c-section for my 1st and then had a VBAC with my dd .The VBAC went ok till the end when I was pushing for over an hour and my dd was stuck.She was back to back and I ended up being rushed up to theatre for another c-sec then they decided she had moved down a little further so had a forceps delivery.I found the epiosotemy hard to recover from and I am dreading having another difficult birth.

Has anyone found the 2nd vbac easier than the 1st ? I am also worried as my dd was 9llbs 4oz and concerned if the next one is bigger.I have seen my consultant and he seems to think things will be better this time around ( but not sure I believe him) lol

Replies

• Hopefully things will be better. My mil has 4 kids, 1 'natural' 1 c-sec and 2 VBACs, from what she said the last vbac was a lot easier even though was a ventouse delivery. I've had an em c-section with my toddler and I will plan a vbac for my 2nd when we TTC but I'm really hoping not to need forceps and will do ANYTHING to make sure this one isn't back to back again. My labour was pretty awful got to 7cm dilated then my body seemed to give up. I think it was because lo was back to back and also big (9lb1) x
  • I had an emergancy section with ds1 and vbac with ds2. I will be having my 2nd vbac in july if everything goes to plan. I dont really have any advice but i would talk to mw and consultant more and they should know what theyre talking about. But having said that they cannot predict how your labour/birth will be as they all differ so much. Sorry not much help hun!xx
  • With my lo, i had an emergency section after about 24hrs of pushing and trying to have him naturally. Owing to that traumatic experience, i really am not looking fwd to having a vbac! im seriously hoping i can have a cs when the time comes.