Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

third c sections more painful

Hi ladies,
i am expecting my 4th baby which came as quite a shock and am 18 weeks.
My baby's have all been born early at 34, 32 and 28 weeks and my last 2 labours have ended in emergency c sections. So this time, i have been told that I will have an planned ceasarian (well as planned as it can be as no one knows when things will start happening) I have to admit i'm really scared as i had a very traumatic labour last time.

So, you can imagine how I felt when the MW told me yesterday that 3rd c sections are more painful afterwards. Have any of you had this experience?:\?
maria x

Replies

• Options
    well i dont believe that lol

Like you i have had 2 em sec, they are always rougher when its a em but i healed better 2nd time around.

Im going for 3 section end of november so i guess you might have it before me but i think if we are having a planned calm section where there isnt the super rush it will be better and less painful.

I think your m/w was just being miserable lol

xxDBxx
  • Options
    thanks DB
    youre right about emergency c sections being rougher and so hopefully this time around it should be calmer. Are you having an epidural or a general?
    It would be nice for my partner to be there this time as he missed out seeing his daughter born. So i think i might opt for an epidural.
    i will be pleased if i can get to November as I'll be past 30 weeks, so keeping every thing crossed lol

Maria x
  • Options
    had a general with the twins and hated it, was v ill so had no choice but felt cheated. with DS3 i had epi but it didnt work (they had 3 attempts) but then did a spinal which did so am going to ask for that.

If you dont mind me asking why to you have early labours? i have everything crossed you make it till 30 weeks

xxDBxx 20+5
  • Options
    No one seems to know why i have prem labours.
    The first time, i was only sixteen and quite small for my age and so they thought it could be that. When i was pregnant with DS2 I had a cervical stitch put in as they thought i had an incompetent cervix. when i was pregnant with my daughter i was ill all the way through. By this time, they decided my cervix was fine and I think having recurrent kidney infections may have caused my early labour. The consultant this time has said that they dont know why I have early babies, I just do. I feel well this time so hopefully i can get past 28 weeks.
    maria x

[Modified by: mini-mum-maria on July 29, 2009 03:33 PM]