Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Will I have to have a section?

Hi ladies,

This has been playing on my mind as we've decided to start TTC. I had to have an emergency c-section with my 5 year old after a 25hr labour as he was stuck. My understanding is that his head was stuck so I'm assuming I may be too small to have a natural birth.
Im only 5'2" and he wasn't a huge baby (7lb9oz). All through my pregnancy I was told he was going to be a big baby!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

:\?

Replies

• as far as i'm aware they can't force u into having a section unless an emergency one, but even then if ur conscious they stuill require ur permission. his head getting stuck may not mean that ur too small to give birth naturally but he may have been at an awkward angle. everyone has the right to try for a vbac if thats what the mum wants. xx
  • Thank you Siany, I didn't think I'd get an option. I guess when the time comes I'll get to discuss it with them.
  • Hi
    I had a em C Section in june due to babys head being stuck but is wasnt that her head was too big it was she was back to back and so her head was in an awkward position. My midwife told me i would have a normal birth next time unless i requested a c sec XXX
  • Hi,
    I had an eme c-section with dd in jan 08. Am now pregnant with baby number 2 and have my consultant appointment booked in for just after christmas. My MW told me today that the consultant will really push for a VBAC (no pun intended!).
    I dont think that there will be any reason why you cant try for VBAC. The medical staff will just be more aware of the situation during labour and will monitor you more (mainly because of the scar).

Serena X