Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Upset stomach after c-section

Hi,

I had my c-section on 17th July and it all went very well. However for the past week i've been suffering from an upset stomach. I don't feel ill but my tummy rumbles alot and my stomach is upset.

Has anyone else suffered from this at all? :\?

Jules x x

Replies

• i had my op the day after you...
    and i have not had an upset stomach.
    i have like stabbing stomach pains sometimes though...
    i would check it out with the health vistor... are you still seeing the midwife too?
  • Hi Jules,

I had terrible diarrhoea and stomach pains after my c section, but it didn't start until after we were home bizarrely enough so I couldn't even blame it on the hospital food!!

I was a bit worried initially because it was only me suffering so thought perhaps I had an infection, and was concerned about passing it on to lo if that was the case.

I didn't feel ill though, and sometimes I would pass a normal motion, but then would have the runs for the rest of the day.

Apparently though during the course of having a c section, the surgeons can get too close to the nerve that affects the bowels and bladder and somehow upsets them.
    I'm sure there is a better medical definition, but its the best I can do.

By now though you are probably feeling a lot better, I know with me it lasted about a week.
    Its just one of the things they don't tell you.

Take care
    Charlotte
    xx