Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding During Sex After C Sect - sorry TMI

Hello.

Sorry TMI but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

I had my section 10 wks ago this Tuesday and today we finally managed intercourse. It wasn't too painful but I bled so much it looked like a blood bath. I was not bleeding before and had no signs of AF. I got to the bathroom and sat on the loo and then nearly passed out. It was horrible. I honestly felt like i was going to pass out right there on the bathroom floor and to top it all off milk started pouring out of my boobs!!!

It wasn't even like we managed anything remotely energetic and it certainly was not rough. Has anyone else had anything like this? It didn't happen after my first section.

Thanks

Claire x

Replies

• OMG...sounds nasty! You should go to your docs to be checked out. Could be AF as sometimes when mine due and we have sex it brings it on and in full force. Did the bleed continue like AF would or did it stop???? did you bleed for a long time after birth??? i would really get checked out asap
    d x
  • Hi DeeDee. Thank you for your reply.

I think it is probably my AF. I'm still bleeding and it's quite heavy but I finished bleeding about 6 weeks after the birth and Olivia is now 10 weeks so i guess that would fit. I'm a bit gutted cos i thought we got away with it for a bit longer if we exclusively breastfed!

The fainting business was probably more to do with the shock of seeing the blood or perhaps the amount i lost and the heat. I'm no longer worried but will visit my GP if it doesn't stop after a week.

Thank you again for your reply.

Claire x