Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Elective section

Hi!

I am having to consider an elective c-section and would really like to know how it works. I had an emergency section 4 years ago and was in hospital for ages in total agony. I had a VBAC a year laterwhich wasn't much better.

I am expecting my fourth child in 7 weeks and had been determined to have another VBAC as I have had no problems with my section scar. However, I had an appendectomy at 17 weeks leaving another 5 inch scar on my stomach which has been quite uncomfortable. I am also suffering badly with SPD and am expecting my consultant to steer me in the direction of an elective section.

Basically, I want to know how painful it will be and how long I will have to stay in hospital? Because of my previous experiences I am terrified of hospitals. I am also a single mother of 3 and the only person available to care for them is my disabled mother so, obviously I can't afford to be in hospital or out of action for very long.

I really just want to have all the info ready for my meeting with the consultant.

Thank you!