Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

C-Section Recovery and Pain

Hello! Had a C Section 5 days ago and feeling a little worried about things as I'm having odd pains down the tops of my legs and and on the scar and I seem to have a bruised tummy which hurts like hell! Am taking Diclofenac, Codeine and Paracetemol for the pain. Has anyone else felt like this as its really getting me down?

Replies

• I can't remember pains down my legs but the pain when the bruising comes out I do - Try arnica (may be abit too late now) use a cold compress on the scar may help. Keep on top of the medication rather than letting it wear off. And if still worried speak to midwife when she is next out to see you - It does wear off - I'm due for 4th c-section in 8 weeks and had forgotten all about it x x
  • congrats on your LO,

i would defo reccomend arnica tabs they helped with my bruising, i would defo ask the midwife about your leg pain, its on their checklist to ask you as it can relate to clots, which you are at risk of getting after major surgery, worth checking it out
    i also found takling my time moving about and doing the exercises from the physio really helped, esp the ones that told you how to get out of bed etc
    x

[Modified by: piggypops on May 16, 2010 09:25 PM]