Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Started bleeding again 4 and a half weeks UPDATE...

Hi I had an emergancy c section on the 8th of feb due to the fact my placenta abrupted. Unfortunatley my baby girl was born very ill and passed away on the 9th in my arms. The full story is in the bereavment forum. Anyway I have started bleeding again today and am wondering if this is my period. It's not overly heavy so I'm not to concerned just curious. I have got a slightly crampy stomach aswell. I'm sure the doctor said it would be around 6 weeks before I got a period? Any advice? Xx

Okay so after speaking to the dr on the phone I was still pritty concerned but decide I was just panicking. Then on Thursday night I passed a few clots and friday(today) the bleeding was still as heavy if not heavier althoughi still didn't/don't feel dizzy anyway I phoned the dr's and got an appointment. Felt relieved as I had spent half the morning worrying that I was going to bleed to death! What a waste off time... She checked my bp( which was fine) and felt my tummy, then said everything seems fine just rest and keep taking your iron tablets and come back if it gets heavier!!!Grrr Now I'm sat worrying trying to decide if it's heavier. It's like a constant heavy flow everytime I stand up/ walk/pee but still I don't feel dizzy so... I'm confused. I'm used to heavy periods and have suffered a misscarraige so it's not asif I'm used to light periods ect. I'm just obviously traumatized from the blood loss during the abruption( although that was completely differant) and I am not bleeding as heavy as that. I just wish I could be given a break! Think I might contact a midwife or go to the pharmacist tomorow for a second/third opinion!I've spoken to my sister who has had a c section before and she says she remembers bleeding really heavy and passing clots to the point where she felt light headed(which I don't) It's just hard. To explain how much blood you are actually losing and knowing how much is to much! Sorry... Rant over. X

[Modified by: CeilidhA on 13 March 2009 22:54:47 ]

Replies

• hi honey!!

i am really sorry to hear that your gorgeous little one didnt make it. what a horrible time you had.

as for the bleeding - it could be a period, but it isnt unusual to keep spotting after a baby for quite a few weeks. as long as it doesnt smell offensive, or be discoloured, very heavy with clots, it should be ok, but in view of what happened with the c/s, you could always ask your mw/ gp to take a swab just to make sure it isnt infection causing the bleeding

xxxxxxxx
  • Hi
    I am so sorry to hear about your darling lo, I hope you are coping ok.

I know from my own experience that stress can start you bleeding again, but I would get it checked out by you MW.

Hugs
    Rach
  • Thanks for yr opinions girls. When I woke up this morning the bleeding was quite heavy and 'gushed' out when I went to the toilet( sorry tmi) anyway I panicked and got oh to phone the doctors, my doctor wasnt in so another doctor phoned back and told me to assume it was my period unless I started to feel dizzy/faint!! No help at all. So I have spent the day resting with my feet up. The bleeding has calmed down, it's really quite sticky though. My health visitor came this afternoon and is happy that it is my period aswell but again to monitor the blood loss. I think because of what happened I just over reacted and panicked! Xx
  • Glad it was your period. It was only naturally for you to be worried. You need to rest up now and take care of yourelf.

Rachxx