Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Twinges in C-section scar? also posted in pregnancy

Hi, Just wondered if any of you who had cs with your last pregnancy have been getting or had odd twinges/pulling sensations in your scar?

I am 32 weeks today, and noticed a few twinge like feelings in one half of my scar last night, then this morning when i was trying to sit up in bed i felt like a pulling sensation.... Do you think this is normal? Im just putting it down to things stretching as im starting to get quite a bump now. Baby has been moving about like normal so im not to worried, but do you think i should get it checked out or just mention it when i next see midwife..... xx

Replies

• Hi i had an emergancy c section when i had my LO and hes 2 in November and i still get twinges in my scar now some of it is still actually numb and has no sensation in it at all,hope urs isnt too painful xxxx
  • yeah its normal, i had a emcs with lo3 and with lo4 i had quite a bit of weird sensations in my scar, they weren't exactly painful, just uncomfortable, like someone was strumming a nerve?, the midwife said it was perfectly normal xxx