Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help!!!/placental aprution

:cry: Hey everyone my name is krystina and i am a 21 year old mom. On wed June 17th i went to the hospital in serve lower pain. The doctors thought that i was having kidney stone pain so they took me to the ultrasound room and examined my kidneys for more than a half hour. Then the doctor moved to the baby the look on his face when he got to the baby nearly killed me. He asked me if the nurses had me hooked up on monitors when i was up stairs and what the babies heart rate was. I told him 150 he slammed the ultrasound thing down flung me in the wheelchair and ran me to my room, they got me in the bed and took me to OR. At this point i was terrified i had no idea what was going on come to find out the babies heart rate had dropped to 67. They knocked me out and the doctor said before he got my baby boy out i lost four huge blood clots. My placenta had ruptured. My baby came out with a heart beat so low they almost lost him but he had just enough in him to come back. He went seven min before they got him back. In the meantime he was flown to mckay dee hospital and i sat in the recovery room bleeding so horribly they were expecting to give me a histarectomy(sorry dont know how to spell it) i had to have 6 blood transsfusions before i finally started to come around. I had no idea how serious a placental aruption is. My pregnancy was fine other than i had preeclampsia and toxcemia as well. THe doctor told me that with all three of these happening in the same time they ony see that about once every five years. Im lucky to be alive. on the other hand....my baby boy is in very critial condition when he first got to the hospital he was having sezures so they gave him lots of med to stop him from having those. His kidneys weren't doing well and his eyes were not reacting to light. He is on a venitaltor. Well its been 11 days and his kidneys have came around hes peeing and pooping on his own now. Hes breathng very little and hes not really moving. THe doctors are very concerened about his brain and say he might be like a child with cerebral palsy. Im looking for someone who maybe went through the samething my baby did and what the outcome was.....do i still have hope to bring him home???? Anyone i can talk to would help me please.

Replies

• Hay, just wanted to let you know that there is a topic on 'placental abruption' in the traumatic births forum, that will probably be of use to you. Before you go there please be awarethat there is a few bad outcome storys there(mines included) but there is far more happy outcome stories. I wish u all the luck in the world, stay positive and I will do a prayer for your baby boy. He is in the best place, the hospital will do all they can, take care, let me no how u get on

Ceilidh xxxxx
  • Im sorry i have no knowledge of placental abruption but i just wanted to send you a big hug and to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your little boy.

doublebubble
  • thanks to everyone and there support unfournately my baby didn't survive and im now planning a funeral....never saw the day i would bury my child before me. Its not fair:cry:
  • Oh Krystinamae, I am so, so sorry to hear this devastating news. Nothing I can say could possibly take a way your pain but I am thinking of you and hoping that you have lots of support around you.
    Love Jen x
  • Oh i am so very sorry. Im not sure if you have seen the berveament forum on here but there are some amazing girls on there who also sadly understand what you are going through.

You are all in my thoughts