Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Section due to Breech baby

Hi Girls

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I am 37+4 with my first baby and the naughty little critter is transverse breech. My consultant has booked me in for a section at 39+1 (Wednesday 24th Sept) and i'm just wondering what to pack in my hospital bag for an elective section. The consultant said all being well i will leave the hospital on the Friday but i'm so unsure on what/how much to pack for a known section. Are there any tips you have on treatments/pain relief for the scar etc? I'm really excited to meet little one but i'm also a tad anxious about the whole thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice x

Laura

Replies

• wow, sounds like zoey had a fantastic recovery!! It took me quite a bit longer to recover, but i agree, try to keep active although without overdoing things. I found a v pillow was extreamly helpfull after my elective c section (due to breech baby). I would strongly recommend you take one to hospital with you as it helos support the baby while you are feeding and helps take the pressure off your tummy. Also (sorry about this bit) I found i got really bad constipation which was a nightmare and very uncomfortable, i found lactulose really helped with that. Take double the amount of pants in for leakages!! I bled for about 3 weeks after and quite heavy at first. Also you may find a packet of biscuits or snacks usefull for the middle of the night to boost your energy. Anyway, good luck. This all brings back memories as my little boy is now 9 months x
  • sorry helos is meant to say also!! dont know what went wrong there
    :\?
  • Thanks so much for your help girls. I'm starting to get really excited now, only 9 days left to wait to meet my little one, eeeek!