Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

waterbirth after ECS

Hi ladies
just wondering if it's an option to have a waterbirth after ECS, I wanted one with dd but as i was induced that all went out window, are we too high risk if we have had a CS to be able to even consider it?

Thanks
Emx

Replies

• Options
    i think most hospitals would say no to a vbac waterbirth as u have to be monitored more to keep an eye on the scar which is harder to do if in the pool. however u may have a gospital that is leniant and if the rest of the pregnancy is deemed low risk (apart from the previous c sec) then u might find they may allow u to. also if u have a home birth (which u can if ur vbac, although can take a while to get ur consultant to agree) u can have a water birth then. but really it all depends on the policies of the trust/hospital who u come under so i would say ask ur mw what she thinks ur chances are. i would love a waterbirth this time but the hospital here doesn't ahve a pool and i do'nt really want a home vbac, i feel safer going to hospital. but if this vbac goes ook, then perhpas next time (?!?) i'll ahve a home one. think water is out for me this time anyway as my bmi is too high, if ur bmi is above 35 then they won't allow water births then eitehr.

xx
    17+0

• Options
    thanks for the info, I guess I will have to wait to speak to midwife, I know one thing this time I am not going to be fobbed off by them. Good luck with the VBAC x
  • Options
    thansk love, yeh know what u mean, i'm definately gonna be stronger willed this time round, no keeping me strapped to a bed again thats for sure! if its gonna be a while til u speak to ur mw u can always give the head of midwifery at the labour ward a call and see what their policies are. hope u get ur water birth, x
  • Options
    - a study was conducted by midwives in scotland that should better results for VBAC ladies who laboured in water! x
  • Options
    thanks, will have to try and get that reference from somewhere to show hospital. x