Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another question...

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering when everyone had their first visitors after their section and how you felt. The reason i'm asking is we got the date of our section on Friday and now everyone is discussing when they are coming to visit, with people talking about sitting in the waiting room while i'm having the section! I've never had any type of surgery never mind major surgery and am worried.

Thanks in advance ladies,

A very excited/nervous Laura with 9 days to go!

Replies

• Hi i had an emergency section with an epidural at 8pm. cam was born at 8.35 and we were on the ward about 9.30 - they will keep you in the recovery room for a while afterwards. i was quite disorientated and my oh was sent home staright away. other than him i would of wanted no one there until the next day.
    You will be bonding with your lo, all you want to be doing is lying down looking at your baby, having a bit of skin to skin and having those first few feeds in peace together. i breastfed at first and i needed help (was numb from chest down so couldnt sit upright to feed) had help of mws to feed on my side...you dont want people there while your trying to master the art...it can sometimes take a whille and you need to relax.

if i were you i would politley remind people that it is major surgery and that you will be meeting your baby for the first time. those first few hours are for you and your oh to enjoy together. of course everyone is different, i just wanted you to have an honest opinion!

dont worry you will be fine, childbirth in any form is a wonderful, lifechanging experience!
    xx
  • Thanks so much for your replies girls.

I've been thinking about it and i'm just going to say to people that i would like at least an hour or so where it is just me, hubby and baby so that i can get breasfeeding established. I'm not sure if the hospital have a policy on visitors after c-sections but i've heard a few people say they do, we should find out at the pre-op asessment on Tuesday. Getting super excited to meet the little one now! 5 more sleeps! eeek!

Thanks again girls x