Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Update on me...

Just wanted to post for anyone I have been talking to lately as I said I would update. Had my consultant appointment today as I had an emergency section last time because of failed induction and fetal distress. It has been decided that I will try for a vbac, if labour starts naturally but failing that I will get a section on 28th July! Couldn't be happier! I was basically allowed to pick the date which is fab! Not many people get to pick their child's birthday! So excited now...only 5 weeks and 2 days til baby is here!!!

Replies

• Good luck! I had a VBAC last month. My first baby was a c-section for fetal distress so I too got given a section date this time round as I didnt want to be induced.

Didnt need it tho, Evie was born naturally the day before her due date and it was amazing!
  • fab news, what gestation will u be at on the 25th july? will u be over due? just wondering as i'm expecting soemthing similar, that they'll allow vbac if go naturally, but wondering at what point would they do c section if labour not kicked in, ie on due date, before due date, +7, +10 etc ? i won't actually find out til i'm 36 weeks apparantly (don't know why they leave it so late to decide what sort of birth u can have), also hoping i'm be able to persuade them to perhaps try the gels before doing a c sec to give me more chance of vbac, which my mw said in soem cases they will do, but they def won't use a drip.
    good luck, not long to go now! x
  • I will be 40+4 on the 28th. They wanted me to wait til 41+ but I really couldnt cope with waiting all that time and ending up with a section anyway! They basically let you decide, anywhere between 39 and 41 weeks if you have a good consultant! I'm 35+3 so the same stage you'll find out too. Some places will let you be induced but I really really wasn't interested and said no induction from the outset and they were happy with that!
  • great news, i hope i have a good consultanat next time

good luck!
  • that's great news! good luck x
  • Glad you got good news!

Good luck!xx