Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Section date muck up !!! RANT!!!

Hi,
Went into the pregnancy assessment unit today for pre op assessment only to be told oh sorry but there seems to be some confusion. You're not booked in for your section! WHAT!!!!! Apparently the new registrar wasn't aware of the two diaries in both the assessment unit and labour ward that need to be filled in. Sorry but doesnt this seem silly to everyone else. Surely there should only be one diary for booking in planned sections to avoid any confusion. Anyway after the initial tears (seeing as how i was all worked up for Tuesday delivery) I was told that I would be on the Wednesday list.
LO is still breech and on the scan the midwife said we'll take a trace of baby's heartbeat cos i can't really tell if it's too low- but not to panic. Next we went to do the talk on the section, take bloods and calf measurements and then she said right all done, see you weds. To which I replied "Er what about the trace??". Honestly we trust these professionals with the wellbeing of us and lo's but it seems they aren't properly informed about procedures or can't concentrate on what they're supposed to be doing. Isn't it us who's supposed to have pregnancy brain??

Just hoping that lo doesnt decide to make an early appearance.

Rant over, thanks 4 listening.

Replies

• Oh my god! What a nightmare! My pre-op stuff is tomorrow, c-section thursday. I hope they haven't mixed my dates up since my closest family have all organised time off work etc to help look after my son.

All the best Honey!

Denise xx