Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

recovery after 3 or more c-sections..please share experience

Hi girlies.
I have recently had my 3rd c-section, and had my tubes tied at same time.
I felt better and so well and no pain after 4-6 weeks with my 1st 2 c-sections, but this time my recovery is taking ages... nearly 5 weeks later im still quite sore and tender both on inside and out... thought I was getting over it till i started doing the school walks last week, and by mid week I just couldnt do the walk anymore, i was back on painkillers, and felt like I had been set back 2 weeks.
(my 5 year old also pounced on my lower tummy on wednesday.. she forgot... so dont think that helped either)
I know I cant drive till 6 weeks, but with my past 2 i drove and felt fine after 5 weeks, and had sex... but this time i really dont feel up to doing either yet.

I was just hoping someone else could let me know if their recovery was harder and longer after having 3rd or more c-sections??? Wondering how long it took for you??
I guess im just worrying that theres something not quite heeling properly inside, and hoping for some reasurance from you girlies.

Thanks for reading

caz xx

http://b1.lilypie.com/38kfp1/.png

Replies

• hiya
    i just had my 5th baby but my first by section .I also got my tubes tied. I had a long time of feeling ill and in pain. The best thing for the pain were suppositries. They killed the pain. When I went for 6 week check i was still feeling a pull on right side. Like a stabbing pain. I was scanned and they said everything looked fine but my tubes were still swollen so that was probably why. My doc told me it does take longer to recover after having a sterilisation at same time. I would go back to docs and see what he says as you never know they could be a deeper problem like retained placenta etc... My midwife said you should never just put up with pain as you never know what is causing it.
    I was reasurred to get a scan and felt better. As I bf the baby i could not take any ibrufen etc but that would help as it takes down the swelling.
    i am still finding 9 weeks on that I sometimes get a pull on right side..bit like a wire cheese cutter going thro me inside..OW!!! also, my bowels are not at all back to normal. i used to go everyday and now its once every few days and even then i have to use laxative.
    d x
  • hi caz i have only had 2 sections but i was also sterilized at the last one and it was dofo slower getting well .pain is your bodies way of saying oih !!you not right so don't push it babe a few weeks in the grand scheme of things is nothing the more you rest and recover the quicker you will feel back to normal the insides actually take longer to heal and ovulation can irritate the tubes you got tied so its no wonder you sore i worked out that i was more tender at ov time and now i just tke things easier for those few days Abby is 7 months now and i have no pain and can do most things except sit ups (what a shame eh?lol) so give it time babe
    fea x
  • Hi D and fea
    Thanks for your replies. Im coming round to thinking that it isnt a worse c-section recovery.. and that it is all down to my tubal tie!! They could have warned me before hand.. might have helped!

I started my 1st AF yesterday.. 5 weeks post birth... and im getting a lot of pulling.. stabby pains on my right side where tubes area is.. so from reading your experiences it deff sounds like its my tubes giving me the jip.Just hope they start to heal soon. My AF is also very heavy/clotty.(sorry tmi).. its even worse than what i had after the birth.. bizzare.. the joys of the return of the monthlys lol

Hope your both doing ok..

thanks agin

caz xx