Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i'm going to try for vbac

i saw the dr last week as i had an emergency cs last time and she went over all my notes adn says there is a chance i could have a vbac.

i'm not sure so she said to book me in for a c section at 40 weeks but if i go into labour naturally before then i should try a vbac. quite happy with this.

Anna 22+5 x

Replies

• was you given the option x
  • yes i was and the dr said at any point if i do want a section i can do that. she said the hospital i'm going to gives everyone the choice who has had a c section but they don't have to.
  • ah good for you, i had emergncy sectionn 1st time round, and after much debate decided on vbac for baby no2. Wasnt the most straightforward vbac, but sooo glad i went for it and not a section.
    Goodluck
    xx
  • thanks tanroe x
  • thats really good hun. i went for my consultants appt today and ended up crying my eyes out as doc told me i should try for vbac and i said i wanted a planned section. felt quite upset by it all but she then realised how badly i hated last time and then said i could go up to 40 weeks and then make a decision...hopefully wont have to go through the hell i went through last time! x
  • ah Mummyames i was exactly the same when i first saw the consultant- was adamant i wanted another section. after speaking to him i realised i hadnt properly thought about it, and was just soo worried i would go through the same as i did the first time round. The deciding factor me was that i didnt think id be able to recover properly running around after my 2 1/2 yr old as well as looking after a newborn. Also couldnt stand the thought of not driving for 6wks- cos i do soo much with my toddler. But dont let the consultant bully you into anything u dont want, make sure you stand your ground.
    xx