Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

dreading my c section ;(

im getting to the point that im really dreading my section im haveing it at 30 weeks maybe a bit later if they can get me that far due to preeclampsia and probs with placenta and i really feel like im not even gonna come through it i no i sound pathetic cos its my 3rd 1 its just the feeling of been out of it cos of the drugs they give u and i get awfull itchyness whilst im haveing the section on my nose and i cant stop shakeing cos not even cos i get cold i dont no wot it is and my teeth chatter i just feel awfull and the pain aswell last time they made me so sick cos they kept pumping me full of morphine and i was telling them no cos i wud be sick and suprise suprise i was i just dont wan to feel like crap again through it or after the section i feel dead drowsy wen the procediure is takeing place but i dont understand y that is cos u only have the spinal and fluids they must put something through ur needle in ur hand whilst u r in there cos i get out of it does any1 else get like this and is it normal? xx

Replies

• the shaking and dizziness is probably cause of the spinal! normal side effect!

the itching on your nose / face / body is totally normal - a side effect of morphine!! just ask for an antihistamine next time it happens!! i scratched my nose so bad it bled before i realised what i was doing!! Piriton sorted that out!!

let them know how you respond to morphine - with it making you sick, and they should be able to give you something to stop you being sick!!

hopefully you'll get passed 30weeks this time!!
  • oooo oller my fairty god mother i was hopeing u was gona reply to this 1 i got a growth scan tommorow and they r checking the blood flow to the baby im dreading it cos my fingers and ankles have ballooned aswell im gona try and hide it cos i really dont want to go in to hospital or have any needles im just getting to the oint were im just so tired of being poked and prodded and seeing midwives and docs every weeks somwtimes twice a week thn ive got the section playing on my mind cos i really am dreading it and ive got that incredible jorney of going through special care with her its just such a rollercoster ride u have 1 gud thing then 3 bite u on the bum i.e they get an infection or they need there oxygen bac some times i think y did i bother how cud i put another child through this again its happend twice b4 i didnt think it wud happen again and nor did any1 else xx im sorry 4 ranting but i just needed to get it off my chest xx
  • whatever you do, you must tell them about your swelling!! it really isnt worth not doing, i promise!! if something happened to you or lo you would never forgive yourself just for not having another blood test!

promise me you will tell them today!!

i know it is a huge pain in the bum that you are going 2x a week, but the docs obviously think you are worth it, honey!! i can assure you, we dont see everyone unless we really need to!!

i know what you mean about prem babies - you think they are ok, then something else crops up! but that is kids, isnt it - you know they'll pull thru in the end, after making you gray haired with worry!

please be good today and tell them!! :lol:
  • Hey hope it all went ok??

xxDBxx
  • hi ya ent been on 4 a few days baby is fine they did my scan in 4d after they did all the doppler and cord blood measurments all thats fine shes small but going along the rite track aww shes so beautifull she was yawning and rubbing her eyes and sucking her fingers aww it was amazing ive got a pic of her with her hand over her face bp was alittle bit up today and had my pet bloods done mommy oller lol had a stinking headache today thow and took paracetomal and they never touched it so not inpressed i think its cos ive got a cold thow and they saw the sweeeling and just said keep an eye on it well im gona get it anyway and they have agreed to sterilise me they said its adviseable giveing my history im gonna feel like an old woman thow im only 25 i dont want anymore lids 4 is enuff but its gonna be wierd if i do ive got to talk all the pros and cons with consultant xx
  • i know what you mean about dreading it! i will be given my date in 2 weeks and even though im looking forward to it being over i am also starting to remember how awful i felt with the last one. I was shaking a nd throwing up but i also had a terrible burning pain in my chest do you know if that is normal??? i had major blood loss that required a transfusion and im hoping that does not happen again. Good luck tinkerbell i hope everything goes ok for you xxxx
  • i puke aswell ask them 4 an antisickness im gonna and some pyriton and aparently the shakeing is down to the epidural and is normal lol it dont feel very bloody normal god im dreading it ive got this horrible feeling summinks gonna go wrong an im gonna die or summink i just no it i ent gona come through it or summmink is gonna go horribly wrong and the awfull thing is i cant back down cos shes got to come out sooner or later xx