Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Slight bleed after sex after c-section (maybe TMI)

Hi

I had my c-section nearly 10 weeks ago, I bled for 3 weeks then had my AF at the start of this month. However when me and hubby have had sex the last couple of times, I have bled slightly and I feel a bit sore after. Is this normal after a c-section?

Thanks

Septembermama

Replies

• hmmmm, bit of a tricky one this really!!

if all bleeding etc has been normal, the it probably isnt related to the c/s, BUT before you worry something is wrong, it may be something quite normal!!

firstly, is the bleeding dark or smelly, sticky? have you had any pain?

if yes, it could be due to the c/s and be an indicator of infection, but if all else seems well, the prob nothing to do with it.

secondly - have you started on the pill at all? sometimes bleeding can be related to that, or maybe if you have had a coil fitted

thirdly, it could be something as simple as an erosion - or ectopy- on your cervix that is getting caught by his willy (sorry bout that) and bleeding. basically an ectopy is a bit like a graze, that with nudging will bleed. the cervix is very rich in blood, especially during pregnancy (gets more blood flow as it is the bottom part of the uterus), so can bleed quite quickly if provoked.

it isnt anything to worry about, and they do heal very quickly. they are not sexually transmitted or anything like that, so you dont need to get a gun and shoot your oh!

if you are still worried, your GP or practice nurse can have a quick look (like how he would do a smear) just to reassure you!! :\)