Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

early baby worry.... how will my baby cope!!??

this is another problem to add to my list of pregnancy problems....im now nearly 31 weeks and im being monitored every 2/3 days and scaned every week to keep eye on fluid round baby i also being scaned every two weeks for growth,as my fluid level is not to bad now the issue of the babys growth has come up and her tummy has not grown in two weeks,docs going to scan me again at 32 + weeks and if no change they might have to intervine as they put it, im worried about my babys health if she was to be born so early ive had all the steroids already has anyone else gone thru this, this is my 4th baby and i say she going to be the last as i think my body has had enuf lol :\?

Replies

• Options
    hi, i'm sorry i can't realy help as i don't know much about prem births etc, but rest assured if she does need to make an early appearance they will be looking after and doing everything they can to make sure she's fit and healthy, i think the main concern at this gestation would eb her lungs, but that's why they've given u the steroids to help with this, thye may even give u another dose if they do need to deliver early. i'm sure if u check out the 'premature births' forum they'd be able to help advise, comfort and share with u much more, hth

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/forum/71

xx
    27+2
  • Options
    i had to have growth scans with lo 4 after a prem and small third baby, what estimated weight did they give you at your last scan. my 2 youngest los were both born at 35 wks, 1 weighed lbs 15oz and the other 4lbs 9oz, bigger lo was fine and we were home after 2 days, the smallest though we had to stay in a week but that was nothing to do with her size, if i hadn't shared GBS with her i would've been home after 2 days again xxx