Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

C Section Scar ( also in born in July) UPDATE

Hi girls, Hope you and your babies are all well.

I went to see doctor last week as I keep getting tiny pin prick holes in my scar which is now 11 weeks old. He said this was normal (though it didn't happen with my 2 previous sections) and was because the thread was trying to get out as it's a foreign body!!! However, yesterday one of these holes had some green pus coming out of it which after squeezing became blood so I'm worried it might be an infection.It's still bleeding a bit now. Do I go back again? I've been back and fore so much recently I'm worried he'll think I'm a hypochondriact (sorry about spelling!)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Well I saw someone yesterday who took a swab of the area but said everything was fine as it looked neat and tidy (even though she could see it weeping) and that this was normal. Having had 2 sections before this one it isn't normal to me but there we are. Got to wait until Tuesday for the results. I'll keep you posted. xxx

[Modified by: katieceve1 on 23 September 2010 11:14:13 ]

Replies

• Hi

I don't remember that ever happening with my scar either. How are you feeling, do you feel ill at all?
    It might be worth going back, or at least phoning them, as the green pus is a new thing. Doesn't sound very nice :\(
    Is your HV maybe a bit more accessible? They might have a fresh perspective as well

good luck, hope it's ok xx
  • if its got anything green or yellow coming out of it, or bleeding then it needs treating. get back to ur gp and make him do his job. x
  • hope it's ok xxx