Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Help needed - Bleeding after section TMI

Hey all,
I had my little boy by emergency c section on the 6th Jan. Since then I have been bleeding as you would expect. It has calmed down quite a bit although I do notice that it can get worse if I do more, although I know this is normal. Just the last couple of days though I have noticed that although the colour hasn't changed, it has started to smell. I thought it was Dylan's nappy last night, then realised it was me! LOL! I know that this is a bit TMI but am wondering if this is normal, or whether I should speak to someone. Am a bit embarassed to be honest which is why I thought I'd get your advice first.
Thanks for any help
Debbie

Replies

• I haven' had a c section had natural delivery 5 years ago and currently 30 weeks pregnant.

I would call midwife, health visitor or see gp as you might have an infection. It is probably nothing to worry about but you know your body and if something doesn't feel right then call on medical help.

I passed a clot after the birth of mine son 5 years ago and knew instantly something wasn't quite right, I phoned the midwife out in the early hours, it was nothing to worry about but I felt so much better after seeing the midwife.

Good luck with everything
    Dani
  • Thanks for the advice - I suppose I know that I need to speak to someone really - just being a wuss!
  • Hi ive had two sections and had v light bleeding afterwards (less than 2 weeks)

dont mean to be alarmist but think you shd ring m/w doc or hv now, if it smells u prob have infection n it needs treating asap

good luck

xxDBxx
  • hi honey!

the other girls are right, you need to get it swabbed and treated asap!!

you dont want it to get out of control, as that could cause you other problems!! hopefully you've already been to your gp's anyway, as i appreciate it is late!!!