Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

How do I know if I've had 'a show'?

Hi all,

looking for some advice. 

While I was out yesterday I had what I think was a show - I am 38wks+2

It was creamy yellowish jelly-like and was a fair amount of it (bout the size of 10p) - first time it happened and hasn't happened since. Is it a show or am I being paranoid?? 

Is there anything I should be doing??

Thanks!

Replies

• when i had a show, it was a blood stained mucus.  similar to  if you have had a nosebleed and a really bad cold at the same time, but the nosebleed had eased off.  picture that, and that's what it reminded me of. 
  • Does sound like it could be a show,but there is usually  a small amount of blood as Audrey says.That may follow

There's nothing you need to do,it can happen several days or more before it all starts.At least you know somethings happening.Just  make sure you've got everything ready,and get some extra rest while you can.Good luck,won't be long.

• Thanks!

Everything is all ready - one of the first things I did when I stopped work. 

I've had nothing since - apart from alot of discomfort.  I am keeping my eye on it and just takin things easy for now x

• Just to keep you's up to date.

Had a blood show - but now getting really bad period-like cramps in my lower back which today have now started in my lower stomach image 

xx

• well good luck, as it sounds as though your labour has begun. let us know how you get on.  Audrey xx
  • Good luck.Hope it goes well.
  • Hi all,

Baby Hayley Louise was born at 10.44am on Tuesday 30th June image

• Congrats Lynne! Our very first MadeForMums baby - welcome aboard baby Hayley!

Hope all goes well and let us know how you're getting on and how she's doing.

All the very best

Susie and the MadeForMums team

x

• Congratulations Lynne.Welcome to the world baby Hayley Louise.

Hope you're both well and resting ans enjoying lots of cuddles

• Congratulations!!!!image

welcome to the world hayley louise,

hope your both doing well, how much did she weigh? xxxx

oh and when you have time post some pics for us to coo over!

• congratulations!  enjoy your new baby.
  • Could have been a show but a show tends to have blood in it like everyone else has said.

My advice phone your midwife she mite wanna check ya even if its just to put your mind at rest 

• Hi all,

Thanks - I'm loving every minute cuddling up is the best feeling in the world!!

Pic below is Hayley at a few hours old!

xx

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/Hayley.jpg

• She's beautiful,Lynne.Congratulations again.Enjoy your baby

• awww, shes soo beautiful, congratulations, enjoy every minute xxxx
  • aww she's so gorgeous congratulations and beautiful name as well

• aw she's gorgeous, congratulations image
  • Awww congratulations!! XXX
  • omg sooo cute! congrats xxx