Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

imformation on homebirth?

Hi im curios about home birth as im planing my second baby and as my first came so fast (1 1/2 hours) my midwife has said i should look into home birth if everything looks good this time:lol:

Replies

• I had my first baby at home and are planning to have my 4th at home in April (fingers crossed) All i can say is, my home birth was the most relaxing labour i,ve had! (The midwives thought i was asleep between contrations, I wasn't but i was very relaxed and mannaged to control the pain.)and if all is well why would you put yourself though the stress of the drive to hospital when the baby could arrive half way there when you could be having a relaxed labour ar home? I have had 3 water births (and hopeing for 4) so along with water I had gas & air and coped very well (even if i do say so myself LOL) So i say if you are thinking about home birth Go for it! Its so nice when the midwives leave and you are there with you new LO in your own home! best wishes. Michelle
  • Hi

A really good website is www.homebirth.org.uk
  • Thanks will go check it out